[Official] Questions for the MSI Rep!

Discussion in 'MSI' started by MSIGeno, Sep 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MSIGeno

MSIGeno Company Representative

Reputations:
    If you take a look back earlier in the thread, the topic has already been discussed. We will honor your warranty even if you alter/tamper with the stickers, as long as whatever the issue is, was not caused by user error. If it is indeed a manufacturer defect, we will honor the warranty. If you have opened it yourself to do upgrades and damaged it along the way, then we will not honor the warranty anymore. the stickers are there more as a precaution, as many users might not know how to properly install etc. :)

2. Splintah

Splintah Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Cool, this is exactly what I was thinking, I knew I saw it in an official video somewhere but good to hear you confirming it here. Patiently awaiting the arrival of my GT72. Also for the GPU upgrade do you have to send it back to MSI to have them upgrade it or can kits be sent to the customer for them to do the install themselves?

3. MSIGeno

Reputations:
    Congrats on the gt72! the GPU's can be upgraded by sending them to one of our authorized upgrade program partners. We guarantee upgrades for up to 2 future generation cards.

4. Ramzay

Ramzay Notebook Connoisseur

Reputations:
    So the users can't upgrade the GPU themselves later on? The laptop has to be sent in?

5. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Correct, GPU is upgradeable via any authorized reseller, this will ensure you as a MSI customer whom shall receive the right service and satisfaction.

6. yandros

yandros Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi Guys, about to lose my lovely GS60 to a family member that need a light laptop so the question is what to replace it with. While I like the weight I could do with a little more storage and a 3K screen, and a possible return to a 17" laptop.
    • Do any of the GS70, GE72 models come with a better than FHD screen?
    • How easy is it to upgrade the SSD's on the GE62? are they on the front or the back of the MB?
    • Anything else (diff models) coming in the next 2-3 months that'd be worth waiting for?
    John.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  7. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    MSIGeno, so I can swap out the 3 x 8GB of HMT41GS6BFR8A-PB that came with my GT80-263 for 4x 8GB g.skill F3-2133C11Q-32GRSL without voiding my warranty?

Why put the Void Warranty sticker over the screw that releases the upgrade panel on top? We can't add memory add storage without piercing that sticker...

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  8. crkguyman

crkguyman Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys love you all I recently just got my gt72 dominator pro with g-sync gtx 980m, core i7 5700 hq with 24 gigs ram. I was wondering how strong is the usb ports cause I feel like its a bit tough for me to insert my flash drives and pull them out most of the time and I feel like it is going to break with the way I am trying to insert the usb and eject them can somone tell me how durable they are?

also I would like to know if the speaker grilles at the top are resistant to minor liquids like cleaning liquid and water? Would it be okay to use cleaning liquid/water when cleaning near the speakers? There seems to be 2 layers of speaker grilles the very top black plastic grilles with slightly larger holes and the red grilles underneath with micro holes protecting the speaker drivers from dust and other objects. From the looks of it msi did look like they did take protection into consideration when designing it but would it be okay to use liquid water sprays to clean the keyboard and where the speakers are located?

9. PCTech91

PCTech91 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does anybody know how to fix MSI bricked BIOS's? I have a bricked BIOS but my laptop still boots to the OS. When I press the DEL key it goes straight to a black screen, so now I can't clean install anything anymore. The OS is Windows 10 Pro and everything works but the BIOS. I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Than I tried to do Windows 10 "PC Reset", it failed so I did a clean install. Windows 10 was in the works since Oct 2014. There's no excuse why their aren't any drivers on the main MSI website for ALL recent models, especially the BIOS? The whole world is updating and this is unprofessional!

10. MSIGeno

Reputations:
    We are currently in the process of rolling out our Windows 10 drivers and utilities. they take a couple days to sync to the US website, but you can search on the MSI Global website for your notebook. We should have everything up within the next 1-2 weeks.

hmscott likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.