[Official] Questions for the MSI Rep!

Discussion in 'MSI' started by MSIGeno, Sep 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    You know, this is a very subjective question so it gets personal. :)
    Both of these are software-based audio modifier to enable virtual surround so the result should be similar, but Nahimic focuses on headset quality, especially the microphone so it seems better than SBC2. Nahimic supposedly can filter out certain distortion in the sound output which makes user experience more enjoyable.

This is a FAQ posted by MSI below, I just found out that it was posted today.
    https://service.msicomputer.com/msi_user/support/TechFAQdetail.aspx?formid=3281

2. ZerockX

ZerockX Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Much appreciated, Kevin. You've got a new future customer. By the time i'm bored with the 970m, you guys will be the first i'll look into. But that's the story of 2 years later :p

Edit: So based on MSI page, i updated my BIOS which supposed to supports Nahimic. But it doesn't. I can install it, but can't open it nor seeing any different in sound? Thanks ahead.

Edit#2: I finally got it working. The Realtek driver from MSI page isn't compatible, i updated the driver directly from Realtek page and Nahimic works now. But Nahimic's profiles aren't working.
    I did a research and there are people who on the same boat of me.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  3. Joseph21

Joseph21 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey Geno, I have the MSI Titan GT80m... I did not purchase the SLI configuration so I only have 1 GTX980m, I was wondering how easy is it for me to add another 980m and run SLI? Is it as simple as buying a second 980m and connecting it? Thank you.

4. Jobiwan

Jobiwan Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi there, I would appreciate some help with an annoying problem i'm having with my $2000 laptop here. GT72 2QD Dominator (970m) owner here. Ive had this laptop since Nov and as far as i can remember since owning this beautiful machine, i've had an issue with it powering on. Mostly when coming back on from sleep mode, but often when doing a cold boot as well. Symptoms are as follows, when i turn it on, the power indicator LEDs come on (next to pwr button and gpu toggle button) the keyboard backlight comes on, fans turn on and the screen, althought its black, appears to be on as well but there is no display. I think i can hear the HDD come on as well. For all intents and purposes, the laptop is on but the display is blank. This happens probably 75% of the time i turn the machine on, doesnt matter if its been put into sleep mode or a cold boot. I've googled the issue and found some users are having the same exact issue as me but there does not appear to be anyone offering a viable solution. I called MSI customer service but i dont think the rep was very smart, and his only advice was to restore the entire laptop back to its factory settings and if that doesnt work to send my laptop back to them for servicing/replacement. I feel as if there is probably a better solution to this problem that would correct the issue rather than just wipe my machine back to its default state. Please, if anyone can help me i am desperate, I love this laptop but for $2000 it should be suffering from such annoying problems like this. Thank you in advance,
    Justin

5. mason2smart

mason2smart Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Does anyone know the expected release date for the Gt80 with the skylake chipset?

6. MSIGeno

MSIGeno Company Representative

Reputations:
    i do :D

7. mason2smart

mason2smart Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    So when is the release date?:p

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  8. ryzeki

ryzeki Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Hmmm you would be surprised at how many issues a complex system like a PC can experience. First things first, is to forget about the mentality of "I bought X for Y$" lets focus on the problems to see how we can solve it or if you will need to setup RMA to get your machine fixed and ready to go.

To expand the issue further, when booting, do you only get that blank screen, or does the MSI logo appear and then becomes a blank screen? One thing that comes to mind, that you can try, is to try booting with only one RAM stick at a time.

Also, have you tried updating your BIOS?

Hahaha, read Geno's sig :)

9. MSIGeno

MSIGeno Company Representative

Reputations:
    Hey Joseph21,

Our MXM upgrade program guarantees up to 2 future generation cards. As this is the "first generation" of the MXM kits, we are currently not offering upgrade kits for sale for this current generation. However, whenever the next generation MXM cards come out, you CAN buy the kit with 2 cards and have SLI goodness.

kfxsti likes this.
  10. Txordi

Txordi Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.