[Official] Questions for the MSI Rep! #2

Discussion in 'MSI' started by MSIGeno, Sep 15, 2014.

1. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    delete

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  2. evgenyu2019

evgenyu2019 Newbie

Reputations:
    Please give a link to instructions on how to unlock BIOS on MSI GE70 0nd 216. With links to the required software.
    I want to connect an external graphics card for my laptop. But for this I need to unlock the BIOS.

3. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
  4. GT838rG

GT838rG Newbie

Reputations:
    Question for the MSI rep. I can the switches on the GT83 mechanical keyboard be switched out? I can pull out a cherry mx silver switch and pop in a brown or blue one?

5. virgolicidaniel

virgolicidaniel Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello! Any alternative to switching between display modes available in msi dragon center ? I'm thinking to uninstall it and stick to using silent option for fans and throttlestop for cpu instead of dragon center to stop overwriting settings.

6. werdmonkey4321

werdmonkey4321 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I don't believe such alternative exists. You can just set Dragon Center to not run at startup and your other settings will stick just fine.

virgolicidaniel likes this.
  7. jojonono

jojonono Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    any one tried the liquid metal on a GS75 stealth ? any concerns or problems on the long run using LM on laptops ?!?... is it worth it ??...

thanks,

8. nipsen

nipsen Notebook Ditty

Reputations:
    Dear MSI rep. I have a question for you. How come it is easier to get your local retailers pull their own teeth out through their bum, than to make them buy runs of AMD Ryzen/Zen2 laptops?

I've tried explaining that they will have higher profit-margins on lower price-point products. I've tried convincing them that lesser watt packages by itself will have lower failure rates (while the usual plastic chassis will collapse before long anyway). I've tried suggesting that many customers would happily purchase luxury-products with extravagant IPS-screens, SSDs and no moving parts, for a portable workstation - even at a very high price. I've tried explaining that low idle load on your laptop typewriter is very important, and that generic hardware solutions that don't have specific Microsoft-crap wired to the short-cut keys is a huge deal. I've tried suggesting that high 3d performance and OpenCL performance is important not just for gaming, but for compilation of projects and compression algorithm, video-editing and photohop work. To have that into a 1-1,2kg package with an all-day battery life would be worth a great deal to a lot of buyers, I've said, and that product is actually there for you to sell now.

But, they say, I haven't thought of one very important thing. And that is that they love Intel, and would like to have a child with Anandtech. A completely rational conviction that all the buyers of their existing laptops also share. For example, they say, I have just sold a "gaming laptop" to a customer for 2500 euro, in a plastic chassis and a bios essentially set to hard-throttle the computer after an entire 10 seconds of uninterrupted gaming. So I shouldn't try to convince anyone.

What can you do to help the local retailers start picking up products that other people than complete morons will have an interest in? Note that the presence of such products will not actually stop complete idiots from buying the latest intel-based gaming pc with a cardboard-based cooling assembly anyway.

So I'm wondering: what can you do to help us give you money for a good product that actually exists, but retailers don't want to see in their store? Is there a line of Execs that I can line up and give blowjobs? Any help would be appreciated.

9. seanwee

seanwee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It is very worth it. 20C drop on the cpu easy. Just make sure to do it right, watch Der8auer's videos on liquid metal application and use foam dams to catch any spills in case you didnt do a proper application.