[Official] Questions for the MSI Rep! #2

Discussion in 'MSI' started by MSIGeno, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    It is possible, but not sure if anyone else had done it here.

2. Macpod

Macpod Connoisseur

Reputations:
    Hi, i just got the p75 creator and the 2070 MAX Q barely ever breaks 70c. It can handle a lot more than the 80w tdp it is given.

Is there a 90w vbios for the 2070 max Q? Right now im not tapping into the potential power of the card and its disappointing given the great cooling.

3. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    Congrats on your purchase. You can try to request for the 90W VBIOS via MSI Tech Support.

4. pinkcs

pinkcs Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Are HID Evolution, Xotic PC, Gentech authorized retailers or refurb sellers? I’m looking at making a big purchase and need good support along with an authorized retailer. Or should I got to a big box store instead (Frys, Best Buy, Etc.)? The last thing I need is an issue arise and be stuck while MSI and Reseller are pointing fingers at each other...

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  5. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    Hello, these are all of the authorized resellers as listed on MSI's website, which includes the three in your question. :)
    https://us.msi.com/wheretobuy/main_us/

pinkcs likes this.
  6. rsgametech

rsgametech Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Touchpad hasn't been working for almost a year on my GT73EVR 7RE and I tried to open a ticket but CHK number was always rejected, I tried again today and it went through but I think my warranty is gone. They let me do the survey with the promise of an extension but then that was nullified after completion.

Feeling very frustrated, not sure why the leds light up but no mouse button or touchpad. Is it possible a cable is broken? Help needed after all $1699 is a lot of money abnd I wont have that to spends for a long time and wanted this to be my mains system for the next 3-4 years.

7. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    What region are you at? Typical warranty is 2-year so the support should be able to know the remaining duration and if it's out of warranty then if you provide proof of purchase then they can cover warranty based on your purchase date.

8. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    There are a few ways that the touchpad can be disabled in most laptops. In the BIOS, or as a Function Key - Fn+F3 (check you particular keyboard icons on keys or manual), and as a Windows setting to disable the "built-in pointing" device when a mouse or trackpad is plugged in.
    https://www.techwalls.com/disable-msi-touchpad-using-mouse/

They do fail, but quite often it's been disabled elsewhere, it's a good idea to check those first.

This is a good time to plug in your original out of the box OS disk set aside for such debugging, or boot from a Linux USB / CD / DVD to see if the trackpad works when booted on another OS install.

If it still fails continue to pursue the RMA route. Good luck. :)

tiliarou and Kevin@GenTechPC like this.
  9. bm11

bm11 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    New member here with a new GE75-655, and am curious if the operating temps I'm experiencing are normal. I bought this laptop to play Destiny 2, and in a normal gaming session I'm seeing the CPU temps hitting the 80's regularly, and I may have seen low 90's at one point. It is enough to make the keyboard quite hot.

I'm guessing it isn't normal, as the performance seems to suffer at those temps. Discouraging, as this laptop shouldn't break a sweat to play Destiny 2 I wouldn't think.

10. ryzeki

ryzeki Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Those temps are normal. These CPUs work in the 80s range unless you have very low ambient temps. Check if you are thermally throttling, and I would suggest undervolting to get better consistent performance with lower temps.

Destiny 2 is demanding unless you drop settings and lock framerate at 60. I play it unlocked with some settings down to have high refreshrate, but it also pushes my CPU and GPU hard on its own.