[Official] Questions for the MSI Rep! #2

Discussion in 'MSI' started by MSIGeno, Sep 15, 2014.

1. KommandantKavu

KommandantKavu Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm going to copy and paste this story here to see if I can't get any headway on anything that isn't just "oh well so sad" from the phone rep I spoke with.

So, back in 2017 I decided to opt into getting the GT83VR through the upgrade program -- 3 Months after getting it I had to RMA the thing for weird 'powering' issues. After I RMA'd it, they diagnosed it as a motherboard issue.. They sent it back and I had to RMA it again when the GPU's wouldn't work properly.. Today my laptop started having powering issues again. I contacted the technical support line and they told me 'Oh well, it's a year out of warranty', after I explained that I've had to RMA this device twice, they said it's too bad and I would need to do everything out of pocket.

In total, I have had 4 RMA's done through MSI.. Once for faulty brackets, another to replace my laptop via the Upgrade Program, and then two more times for the laptop I received in return. For a machine that was roughly $4k I am now stuck going out of pocket for the things I had already replaced because it's 'out of warranty' after having it failed and being out of a machine for a sum total of 2 months in 2 years. This is absolutely ridiculous. I'm just letting other users know, and the service rep who spoke to me was completely unnecessarily callous and disregarding to my issue.. Cold and disinterested and literally said "I don't know why you're surprised, it doesn't matter how much it breaks, your warrant was only for the year after you registered it" with zero interest in making anything about MSI seem inviting. After 3 generations of laptops, this may be the last time I ever mess with an MSI device, and I'll make sure everyone is aware of how terrible this has been for me.

2. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Sorry to hear about your experience with your product.
    MSI reps don't always come here, therefore it's best to bring it to a supervisor's attention in customer service/technical support division directly from your region.

hmscott likes this.
  3. Ghost 350

Ghost 350 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    How reliable is the GT75 long term? I am talking like 3-5 years down the line? Will there be issues like mobo/ram/GPU/CPU failures?

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  4. zipperi

zipperi Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Who knows? My GT70 is 6 years, the GPU died last year but surfing still with Intel on it.

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  5. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    Supposedly, with good care and frequent maintenance it should last a long time.
    GPU can be an issue since it's a high performance component.

6. Ghost 350

Ghost 350 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    @Kevin@GenTechPC

Is the GT76 gonna be available with a 9700k, 16gb-32gb ram, and a 2070 or 2080 paired with the 240hz 17 inch display as per the product page from you guys?

7. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    Yes, this is available and currently listed on our website as well, thank you. :)

8. Bambilambi

Bambilambi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello Kevin!
    Will the GS75 I7-8750h with a 2070 maxq get an upgrade to the Vbios?
    As i understand it the new version with 17-9850h and 2070 maxq is 90 watt compared to 80 watt on the former version.

9. etcetera

etcetera Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    These are interesting thoughts.

hmscott likes this.
  10. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    There is 90W VBIOS available. However, it needs to be requested through MSI tech support with a valid serial number, and VBIOS binary dump (to validate).