[Official] Questions for the MSI Rep! #2

Discussion in 'MSI' started by MSIGeno, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I went through the last 5-10 pages but didn't see anything. Has there been any official word from MSI on their massive widespread problem of defective keyboards on virtually all lines of laptops sold up through 2017? I'm up to both my ctrl keys, k, >, 5, 7, num0, f5, del, z, and x not working at all and it feels like F is following too.

A quick google of MSI and keyboard failure will show huge numbers of people with the same problem on all major lines.

2. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    It's probably just a defective keyboard which can happen with anybody but not really a massive issue, therefore please contact MSI directly for warranty service as they don't check here often.

3. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I meant massive as in the sheer number of people it happened to for MSIs sold starting 2016 until what looks like just this past year. Those who were able to convince MSI it was a warranty issue and not their fault just had the problem come back, which to me says either their entire run of keyboard modules is defective or there's a problem with the chassis that damages the keyboard circuitry or cabling over time.

Personally I wasn't able to get warranty service since I'm abroad, their local service center refused me unless I paid full out of pocket. I'm looking into identifying the exact replacement part I need to do it myself.

4. Djadit

Djadit Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hello where i can get latest driver for gt73vr 7th gen?
    I'm looking to thw website but not find new driver

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

5. zipperi

zipperi Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  6. RicardoTeixeira

RicardoTeixeira Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Why the MSI True Color doesn't work on my GS65 Stealth Thin 8RF? In the app I choose any of the color modes but nothing happens, no color settings changes... I am on Windows 10 64 Pro. Please help.

7. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
  8. RicardoTeixeira

RicardoTeixeira Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  9. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    What was the last thing you did before this happen? Can you check Event Viewer to see if there's any errors?

10. Avé César

Avé César Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi guys, I'm a owner of a MSI GE73 8RF and would like to know if it's possible to use the notebook without the battery inside ?
    I'm always on AC, the deck between and above the function keys and the bottom screen is hot ( my battery is full charge...) and I'm playing with AC plug in.

As i search on net, i saw that MSI change the use of their notebook line, so the battery isn't used while gaming or hard task on AC... Your thoughts ?

Does someone as already try to remove the battery and use the pc ? Will i damage it, will it works ?

Thx .