[Official] Questions for the MSI Rep! #2

Discussion in 'MSI' started by MSIGeno, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    MSI GE Series models also support the full powered 2070/2080 Max-P GPU’s.

DannyB513 likes this.
  2. gt83vr6reHelp

gt83vr6reHelp Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  3. Ninja Chudan

Ninja Chudan Newbie

Reputations:
    Well, I am a fangirl loved the GT83 Titan while i had it. . I'm a little bummed as I purchased a GT83 Titan RG8 back in April from Newegg and 4 days out of the gate the sound card died. They sent me a replacement after 12days of not having it, then a week and a half later the screen went dead, still backlit but no graphics. I spoke with both MSI and Newegg and MSI said to send it to them, but Newegg said they would send out a new unit to me after verifying it was indeed dead..

Instead of getting back another GT83, they simply refunded my original order.. I was so bummed.. The GT83 pretty much had every feature I could have wanted in one unit.. Plenty of storage options, built in Bluray burner. great keyboard, etc, etc. Dual GPU.

Ideally I was looking for another replacement for this very computer and went with the MSI GT75 9SG TITAN 4K-247 - 17.3" QFHD 100% RGB - i9-9980HK - RTX 2080)

because of having the most storage capacity, as well as other options.. I don't want a thin portable machine. I want a powerhouse they can be on the road while I am editing 4K or 360 videos and with 4 camera streams edited at once it can take up some resources. I've been looking both at work stations and gaming laptops for max performance and the GT75 has nearly all of the bucket list.

Anyhow, I am jumping back on the MSI bandwagon and hopeful to get a computer that will sever my needs for the next few years.

If the Clevo units offered more Nvme 3.0 slots I might have gone that way with a delidded 9900k but the MSI won out again.

Still really bummed that Newegg refunded me vs getting the GT83 back.. But in that same token, it allowed for me to explore other options with updated hardware though not sure if the drop down from dual 1080 SLI to only a single 2080 will do it.

4. gt83vr6reHelp

gt83vr6reHelp Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Put that purchase on hold, the GT76 is literally right around the corner.

5. Ninja Chudan

Ninja Chudan Newbie

Reputations:
    I know and I checked this out right as soon as the specs were out, but the storage is lack luster in the 76.

The less is more thing.. I've been wanting a new machine to take up the bucket list and each time I find a machine that meets the desires. I think they will expand (add vs remove features) upon what is already in place and zap, they remove some of the features that drew me to the unit, to begin with. A GT75 with the storage and specs in place but with Dual GPU, and stock desktop CPU would be excellent, but :(

GT76:
    1x M.2 SSD slot (NVMe PCIe Gen3)
    2x M.2 SSD Combo slot (NVMe PCIe Gen3 / SATA)
    1x 2.5" SATA HDD6
    GT75:
    M.2 PCIe / SATA Slot 1
    M.2 PCIe / SATA Slot 2
    M.2 PCIe Slot 3
    M.2 PCIe Slot 4
    M.2 PCIe Slot 5
    2.5" HDD/SSD Bay

Kevin@GenTechPC and hmscott like this.
  6. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Imagine what you can do/get with 3x NVMe + 1x 2.5" already.
    It's not so bad considering what it can have (whilst missing 2x NVMe slots from GT75). If you have high demand on storage then just make each drive larger. :)

Semmy likes this.
  7. Ninja Chudan

Ninja Chudan Newbie

Reputations:
    In the GT83 Titan RG8 I had 2 Nvme 1Tb raid 0, 1) 2tb M.2 sata drive and 1) 2 tb ssd. 4drives was excellent.

Once storage prices get in line for Nvme drives over 1Tb than it would be a moot point. 1 TB and under drives are very reasonable now.

The 2TB Nvme drives and over are still pricey usually costing more than 2X the smaller sizes 1Tb for the capacity vs cost .. Next few years will help a lot especially when newer tech comes on the scene.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019 at 6:06 PM
    hmscott and Kevin@GenTechPC like this.
  8. LarrySB

LarrySB Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Dear MSI people:

The Synaptics Touchpad driver for MSI will not download from the Windows Store, nor will it install from the support packages downloadable on the MSI support site. (in my case for the GS65-Stealth 037).

The reason is the app's signing certificate is expired. (as of August of 2018)

Please work with Synaptics to get the app signed, then update the package on your download support site, and the Windows Store. This will allow MSI users to install/update the Synaptics settings app.

Thank you!!!

Feel free to message me if you need more data. But I think you will find this to be correct.

hmscott likes this.
  9. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Have you tried contacting your local MSI tech support? It's best to let them know so they can submit the issue/request to their HQ but don't post here as it will go unheard.

hmscott likes this.
  10. LarrySB

LarrySB Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

I've tried, but so far, I can't get the support site to actually submit anything. (USA support, logged in to my registered product).

There's a long thread on the problem in the forum, but the problem is that the root signing certificate expired and the file is no longer trusted by Windows 10.

Kevin@GenTechPC and hmscott like this.