[Official] Questions for the MSI Rep! #2

Discussion in 'MSI' started by MSIGeno, Sep 15, 2014.

1. TomoPrime

TomoPrime Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That is what it seems given in the tests below. The Max-Q’s are looking a little disappointing but it’s still better over last gen’s Max-Q. Just note that the poor 2070 Max-Q results may be because Gigabytes ram is single channel. Full 2060 and 2060 looks very promising though.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Nvidi...-Laptop-GPUs-Performance-Review.401266.0.html

hmscott likes this.
  2. ryzeki

ryzeki Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I wouldn't trust those results in this link. Users here for the current RTX already have superior results for the RTX2080 and 2080 max Q, and the link seems a bit slower than even out of the box systems.

Once all models are out and many users around here can test, we will have a much cleaner picture.

3. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    I agree, because a demo unit may have issues that haven't been worked out by manufacturers so the results from before and after release may have discrepancy.

ryzeki and hmscott like this.
  4. vidaporvida_

vidaporvida_ Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Is there a way to unlock or get higher TDP speed? I mean, to avoid throttle of power limit

5. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    Not possible anymore, as these are locked down from the firmware perspective.

6. vidaporvida_

vidaporvida_ Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    So I have to underclock and undervoltage. Why they do that?!

I pay for something and they give u something else. Thats just crime! Anyways, I´m getting freaking out trying to get best settings for my CPU (i7 8750H). :O trying by undervoltage and so one, still nothing. I have good temps, thats not the problem, the problem is over 3.4GHz he is Power Throttle acording to the new CineBench 20

7. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    They left some headroom open for you to crank up the performance but this is done to protect the product from overloading that can contribute to reduced life expectancy.

8. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    By design. PL1 kick in after some time. Have you montitored Cpu Package Power in Hwinfo64? What watt value will it drop to at the end of Cinebench R20?

You need to undervolt to lower Package Power due mentioned power limits.

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  9. nader_rizk2003

nader_rizk2003 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    i called MSI to ask about the raid setting in the gt75 8sg. the technical support agent was very rude and did not help. keep saying he does not know. and when i asked to speak to a manager or supervisor, he ended the call. I figured out the answer for my question but i still want to file a claim against this person. what should i do and who can i contact?. thank you

Zill likes this.
  10. gt83vr6reHelp

gt83vr6reHelp Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @msi Rep - Where do I find an official MSI recovery image for the MSI GT83VR6RE? I can't seem to find anything on the official MSI website aside from drivers/utilities/manuals.