[Official] Questions for the MSI Rep! #2

Discussion in 'MSI' started by MSIGeno, Sep 15, 2014.

1. senso

senso Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    In what sense is it broken?

Its stable, and it works on my pc's..

2. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Latest build (OS-build 17763.253)

We are now on Second guinea pig versjon on same patch and for the second time in a row. MicroSoft can't even deliver cumulative updates for this new version in same timeframe as rest of their older win 10 versions. This is not the normal. Why do you think this new version won't get them same time as the others?

See post #4640 in the thread.
    [​IMG]

https://forums.mydigitallife.net/th...07-194-253-pc-rs5.77945/page-233#post-1497037

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  3. donotwant

donotwant Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi I was just curious will the stock ram for the upcoming GS75 Stealth be single ranked or dual ranked?
    (if you cant answer because of NDA/Embargo etc. What is the current GS65 stealth stock ram, single or dual ranked?)

4. gt83vr6reHelp

gt83vr6reHelp Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @MSIGeno What is going on the GT83 series? Noticed there hasn't been anything announced regarding an RTX release.

5. ryzeki

ryzeki Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Pretty sure nvidia killed SLI on laptops, so I assume no more GT83 for the time being. I don't think they will kill the line and maybe use it for something else in the future, but no refresh with RTX laptops.

hmscott likes this.
  6. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    AMD Radeon Crossfire is still available as an option for 2 GPU laptops... how about 2x 300w Radeon Vega VII 16GB GPU's + Zen 2 16c/32t CPU?

That'd be a barn burner for sure. :D

Maybe wait for Crossfire Navi's... and this time MSI *please* give us a new 18.4" (or larger?) 1080p high refresh or 1440p high refresh display. I wouldn't want a 4k display, but I think a lot of eager 4k gamers would love one to be offered.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  7. senso

senso Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Well, they could slap a full fat desktop gpu and a nice socketed CPU in the GT 83 chassis, if they wanted/there was market for such a laptop.

hmscott likes this.
  8. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Yeah, that would be a GT75 series, single GPU 17.3" model, the GT8x series has been for the most part a dual GPU system.

And, the AMD Ryzen laptops already shipping over the last year have socketed CPU's, although I doubt any will get the BIOS updates needed to support newer CPU's.

MSI could change that with their AMD Ryzen laptop(s), giving BIOS support for a couple of generations of CPU's, and at least making the GPU's on replaceable cards - probably not MXM though - allowing for easy repair and potential upgrades.

The industry as a whole, even the LGA / MXM laptops, haven't had a good upgrade path - with exceptions - as those laptop makers need to keep selling new whole laptops to stay in business.

This whole "upgrade" thing has been a bad thing for everyone, failing to meet customer expectations more often than not when it never happens, and not doing anything useful for the laptop makers either.

Those laptop companies need to sell whole laptop products, not get into to the enthusiast CPU / GPU upgrade support business, it's not profitable enough for the large companies.

Even a "minor" upgrade, installing a new battery instead of upgrading to a new iPhone, potentially cost Apple about 12 million new iPhone sales. These companies sucked into showing quarterly profits can't take the sudden drop in "new" sales, and given they plan years in advance it would take a long time to work in a new model that included "self-repair" and "self-upgrade", it's hard for them to make it work.

"My guess: the effect of the battery replacement program on new iPhone sales wasn’t apparent until after the iPhone XR and XS models were available. A few million extra iPhone users happy with the performance of their old iPhones with new batteries — who would have otherwise upgraded to a new iPhone this year — put a ding in the bottom line."
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...-report-suggests.812000/page-17#post-10851572

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  9. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    It will be 16GB x 1.

10. AU4U

AU4U Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Does anyone have any know if the MSI GS75 has a trusted platform module (TPM).
    No speculation please, Yes or No.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019