[Official] Questions for the MSI Rep! #2

Discussion in 'MSI' started by MSIGeno, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Semmy

Semmy Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I understand that need to appeal in support of the MSI. But not everyone has such an opportunity, because for many the guarantee period is over, what do these people have to do ??
    Besides, it will only solve the consequences of the problem. But not a solution to the problem itself.

2. ryzeki

ryzeki Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Keep in mind MSI is multiple branches. You have to contact MSI with the branch you bough it from to see what they can do about it. A sample of 20-30 might be too small for products that sell on the thousands, so try to focus on all the information you have found for your model and your tests/findings.

The problem might not be widespread enough yet, but you can start the notification about it so that future issues can be fixed.

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  3. TomoPrime

TomoPrime Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi I have a question about the Synaptics TouchPads that come with the GP Series. My newly purchased MSI Laptop is a Newegg exclusive GP63 Leopard-428 8RF. It comes with a Synaptics TouchPad and it does not seem to have Precision TouchPad Support in Windows 10 although MSI says all new products with an 8th gen i7 do and they even show a screen shot of the settings in Windows 10. I do not see the GP63 8RF listed yet.

https://www.msi.com/faq/notebook-3251

Is there a work around for this? I downloaded the latest TouchPad driver 19.5.31.11 from the MSI Driver & App Center and attempting a two finger gesture to scroll a page down causes all kinds of trouble.

4. gt83vr6reHelp

gt83vr6reHelp Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Is there any way the MSI rep can get me information on the ms-1815 motherboard and E1815IMS.10a bios for MSI GT83VR-6RE? I've already sifted through everything provided on the official msi website. I need information such as what the programming on the vddq levels are so that I can figure out which level to use for ram overclocking. Also, when the bios is unlocked with the key combo dram voltage is still listed as N/A with a drop down menu. Need to find out what other feature controls this or how I can change it so that I can clock my ram up to a stable 3000mhz or 3200mhz.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  5. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    It's best to contact MSI Tech Support directly for these information but they may not provide sufficient details as it is outside of their scope of service.

6. AU4U

AU4U Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I hate to butt in on the masters thread ... But this issue with missing TP controls span a vast number of notebooks.
    DL this and use it: https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9NDJQ0F1679V
    I don't see this ever being fixed, its been almost a year for my GT75.
    Possibly Windows 11.

hmscott likes this.
  7. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont waste $$$$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    What possible Windows 11 ? Microsoft run their OS as a services now for their Store.

8. AU4U

AU4U Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    My point exactly ... It's been 1 year with this issue and I'm never expecting a fix from them.
    This here is a workaround, its not even a patch.
    'FIX' has to come from MS ... maybe it will be in W14?

9. senso

senso Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Win10 is supposed to be the "last" Windows, what changes now is the build number, you could say you are already at Windows 13 or 14, given that you could count each major release a new windows..

10. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont waste $$$$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Last Win build is still broken and new come in April. It's a complete Joke!