[Official] Questions for the MSI Rep! #2

Discussion in 'MSI' started by MSIGeno, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Semmy

Semmy Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    With bearings, everything is fine. They work perfectly. With the exception of noise caused by bearings, this noise is annoying and annoying, but it does not prevent the fans from performing their function.
    The problem is in the chip (fan) that is dying. I have 5 fans (PABD19735BM). Only 1 of them survived. The master in the service, after the diagnosis, said that he could not fix the fan, because he did not have the necessary chip. All 4 fans do not work because some chip is dying. Just 1 more person on the MSI forum said that he bought fans from a new batch with a serial number E33-0800582-MC2, after the old ones died. And one of the new batch also does not work.
    So we can conclude that we have a dying fan chip problem (a multiple problem). In addition, there is still the problem of motor noise, which is less serious but still unpleasant.

aaronne likes this.
  2. Semmy

Semmy Notebook Geek

Reputations:
  3. Semmy

Semmy Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I also talked with one owner of MSI GT63 and he also complained about the motor noise of his fans.

4. Semmy

Semmy Notebook Geek

Reputations:
  5. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    What noise are you talking about? Dual ball bearing is noisier because of the faster speeds, you can't eliminate its noise due to its performance.
    You can slow it down if you use a modified EC firmware with less aggressive fan curves.

6. Semmy

Semmy Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    No. The EC firmware is not related to sound. EC firmware is related to the unstable operation of the fan (0 RPM - 1500RPM. 0RPM - 2500RPM. 0RPM-3900RPM) and so continuously every 5 seconds. This is due to incorrect signals and values in the firmware. You can read about it at the link to the forum of the GE series.

This noise is not because of high speeds. This noise is also present at low speeds 1000 - 1200RPM. It is at any speed. This extraneous sound. It seems that he is hitting (screech, grinding) something. like the sound of a little motor (engine). Every owner of Tornado F5 and MSI GT62 in this forum knows what i mean.
    For the first time when I bought a laptop and turned it on, I heard this extraneous annoying sound. I was confused and did not understand it as it should be, or something was wrong with him. But all this is not the main problem.
    The main problem is that the fan board (chip) dies, and it stops working, even new ones in a short time.

7. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    Semmy, I see. This issue is related to the tight housing causing the fan to rub against the housing. The resistance can cause the fan to die sooner because the circuit is overworked.
    Although MSI doesn't manufacture the fans and housing but they are still the responsible party. However, I am not sure if they would make any exception to this in terms of warranty coverage if you wanted them to take responsibility beyond their warranty terms.

Papusan likes this.
  8. Semmy

Semmy Notebook Geek

Reputations:

I don't know what exactly they touch. Perhaps the coil itself touches the magnet, or cheap bearings make this sound moving balls. But these are all my guesses. But how did that person buy a new fan and he died right away ... How could he die so quickly?
    And I don `t know why the fan board dies. Maybe this is because of voltage leap, or incorrect firmware signals, or defective chips. (My assumptions) This requires professional diagnostics.

I want at least the MSI took at least 1 such laptop (or at least one fan) and conducted a professional diagnosis. Because they have the authority and resources for it. And at least to identify the cause of the dying fan chips. And gave a working solution to these many people with this problem. (That is what these people do with this problem ?? When a new fan for 35-40 х2 $ does not guarantee a solution as it also has the same problem. Instruction.)
    Also made it so that this would not happen again in the future with new laptops.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  9. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    If the coil touches the magnet it would stop the fan completely.
    And it's not firmware signal which doesn't make any sense. The fan itself has no firmware and it's controlled via EC firmware that also controls the power aspect of the system. It's a simple cooling device.
    The base principal is that all things will eventually break, and when that happens during warranty period then MSI covers your systems. So I would recommend to contact MSI directly to escalate your concerns as they don't always hang out here. :)

By the way, our customers never had fan issues with GT62VR, but this is just us.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    Papusan likes this.
  10. Semmy

Semmy Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Yes it is. I meant the signals that come from the EC firmware. With which there were problems on the GE series. As we can see on the link https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=283511.0. In this thread there are 70 posts from about 20 to 30 people, as if I did not count. And this is only a part of all people with this problem. Starting from March 17, 2017 and ending with the last message on November 10, 2018. As you can see the problem has not disappeared, it continues. And also on this forum. And Russian forums. Many who had problems with these fans. And reports of these problems do not stop.
    This means ( the fact ) there is a massive ( numerous\multiple) defect of the fans AAVID THERMALLOY PABD19735BM.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018