[Official] Questions for the MSI Rep! #2

Discussion in 'MSI' started by MSIGeno, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    AU4U cries for days all over the forum and gives MSI a bad name in every thread/post that has MSI in it calling them the worst company in the world for a little touchpad settings missing issue which is not their fault at all but rather Microsoft's latest Windows updates breaking it, then when I post the solution, he disappears. Typical troll! :rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  2. Dzanek

Dzanek Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello! I`m going to buy MSI GE75 8RF on amazon.es, but I live in Poland, and I`ll be using it in Poland. Will my laptop be covered by warranty also in Poland ? If so, for how long ? Thanks :)

3. Archy_84

Archy_84 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello,

I own a MSI GT80 laptop, I bought it from a US supplier, ( I am based in the UK), unfortunately I am now in need of a new LCD screen and battery. I cannot find any supplier in the UK or EU, I have had to replace the screen previously and was slammed with an import tax nearly the value of the screen when I bought in the USA. Could you let me know the name of a UK or EU supplier of parts for the GT80? Thanks in advance.

4. Semmy

Semmy Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    MSIGenoCompany Representative What can you say about the problem with the fans in MSI GT62 in this thread on the link https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=283511.0 there are a lot of people since 2017 asking for help and solutions, and other people around the world. And no one gave them an official answer and solution to the problem.
    Fans just stop working in a laptop for 2000$. Some even after replacing the fans from the new lot still face the fact that the new fans also do not work.
    Fan model AAVID THERMALLOY PABD19735BM. Can you tell representatives of AAVID THERMALLOY thet they made a working fans.
    Tell us please. Who is responsible for the quality of these non-working fans AAVID THERMALLOY or MSI ?

5. zippo72

zippo72 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    P65 Creator 8RF-450 does not come with the limited edition package. You get just the laptop w/o the suede nb sleeve, the wooden box, extra 1 year warranty.

6. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Geno hasn't showed up for awhile, perhaps it's quicker if you can give their service and support a call directly. :)

7. Semmy

Semmy Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I just bought and installed a cooling mod with other fans ADDA AB08812HX26DB00 from ASUS G750. Only in this way could I solve my problem.
    But my appeal was not specifically for me. I wanted the MSI to know that their fans are not working massively AAVID THERMALLOY PABD19735BM.
    And what would they say who is responsible for it? This is not just my problem. Many people have this problem.. People do not have a solution to this problem. They buy new fans, but new fans are the same, they die again.

8. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    Well done, some of these fans are built similarly and can be modded to work with other brands.
    MSI would be the responsible party and they may be sourcing fans from multiple fan manufacturers, but only within reasonable amount of time (aka warranty period).
    Manufacturers may also replace the part with better/improved part if they discover high failure rates with a particular component, or they can just swap to the other vendor.
    A system that is about 3 years old may start experiencing all kinds of failures like hinge, battery, and fan depending on environment and usage.
    PABD19735BM - Ball bearing
    AB08812HX26DB00 - Fluid bearing

You've indicated that people buy new fans and they die again, it would help if there are more details, such as symptoms and the amount of time used. There could be other factors that were affecting the life of fans such as power.
    Did you experience the same failure multiple times?
    Ball bearing fans usually can last a long time, and it's the same for fluid bearing fans. It's usually sleeve bearing that dies quicker.

9. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont waste $$$$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    @Semmy have MSI GT62VR? This means same chassis as the Tornado F5 Barbones. A lot of failed fans in that model. Well known topic. And nothing is done to fix it.

Ultra Male, Kevin@GenTechPC and Semmy like this.
  10. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations: