[Official] Questions for the MSI Rep! #2

Discussion in 'MSI' started by MSIGeno, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    It has 1x Combo PCIe NVMe/SATA SSD and 1x PCIe NVMe only SSD M.2 slots.

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  2. cranker2k

cranker2k Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is GS65's key travel same or shallower than GS43VR?

3. Finder73

Finder73 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I leave in Canada and I want to buy this on newegg.ca :
    https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16834154722

I have a ssd 512gig instead of 256 gig for the canadian model.

but because it's a US model, will I have problem to have support from MSI canada if it's defect ?
    I don't want to send it to US...

thanks

4. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    It is best to read the MSI Warranty, but you will find that it is a Global Warranty so you can find service locations at https://www.msi.com/page/service-location-new

5. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    You can still get warranty using global warranty which is 1-year based on serial number (not purchase date). Please double check with your local MSI office to verify.

6. Wraeith

Wraeith Newbie

Reputations:
    I was interested in buying the GT73 for a while but decided to wait and see if the next model had any enticing new features. But as far as I can tell, the only real distinction between the GT73 and the GT75 is a marginally better CPU and the mechanical keyboard.

Also I was reading the NoteBookCheck reviews for each model and noticed the display on the GT75 scored significantly better than the GT73 in terms of color accuracy despite being the same panel, that of the Chi Mei N173HHE-G32 (CMN1747). Although I assume this was simply due to the review model for the GT73 not being color calibrated beforehand while the GT75 one was.

Reviews for reference:
    https://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-GT73VR-7RF-Titan-Pro-Notebook-Review.189710.0.html#toc-display
    https://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-G...-1080-Laptop-Review.240904.0.html#toc-display

Considering all that, I was thinking of buying the 1070 GPU version to save a bit of money given that the 1080 is somewhat overkill for a FHD display. So would it be better to buy the GT73, or are the cheaper variations of the GT75 worth considering? Also, I've noticed there's a lot of online retailers but I'm not sure which would be best to purchase from as they all seem to cover the gamut in terms of services an enthusiast would hope for, such as repasting, color calibration, etc. I've had one poor experience with purchasing a laptop before, but that was from Amazon who fortunately issued a full refund even though it was just dissatisfaction on my part.

Thanks for any input.

7. RedZebra

RedZebra Newbie

Reputations:
    <dragoncenter> why in the hell are you resetting vent values to 0 in main (no profile with specific vent scheme) when an update occurs. You wannaburn down people?

8. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Get it from HIDevolution or GenTech PC for the best build quality and thermal paste job to avoid getting a laptop that overheats or doesn't work great out of the box.

If you email donald@hidevolution.com and tell him your forum username, you can also get the NBR Discount.

Check your choices here:

MSI GT73VR

MSI GT75VR

MSI GT75

9. Poison1217

Poison1217 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thank you for this @ Phoenix. I'm looking to jump on board with the GT75.

10. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Awesome man, lemme know how it goes. I am getting one soon also so we will be in the same boat: [​IMG]

MSI Gaming Team FTW