[Official] Questions for the MSI Rep! #2

Discussion in 'MSI' started by MSIGeno, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    No certification means no support from MSI. They paid certification for Win7 & Win8.1 for this model within its life cycle so it's understandable that they didn't get Windows 10 certification for it.
    Win10 drivers are actually available with each of its component manufacturer but unless someone has already provided the list otherwise you have to do the hard work. :)

Papusan and Donald@HIDevolution like this.
  2. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Most of the drivers from the below mentioned thread should work, they have the latest Intel Chipset Drivers, Intel Management Engine Interface, latest LAN/WLAN Drivers, etc.

If something doesn't install, let me know and I'll help you, the most important thing is the LAN/WLAN Driver so you can get connected.

Install them in the same order mentioned in the thread and reboot after each driver install:

MSI GT73VR TITAN PRO Drivers

3. spaceghost33

spaceghost33 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi MSI Rep,

I have to replace my display on my Ge63 raider 001. It has a
    "Chi Mei N156HHE-GA1"
    But I can only find
    "Innolux N156HHE-GA1"
    Is there a Difference between the two?

2nd question :
    There's a 4k display version of this same laptop that's not available in the US region , Do you know the Display model number ? Also , could I use that 4k display from the overseas ge63 raider on my U.S Ge63 ?

4. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    The N156HHE-GA1 screens are the same.

The 4K screen is the LG LP156UD1-SPB1 - see http://www.panelook.com/LP156UD1-SPB1_LG Display_15.6_LCM_overview_26868.html. You will need a different LCD cable if you want to switch to 4K.

Are you sure you want to go to 4K? It is much slower, and presents a tiny image for web browsing, and business productivity applications. Most gamers do not find it preferable because FPS, refresh rate and response times are all slower.

5. spaceghost33

Reputations:
    ok cool thanks , people have been telling me the same thing about the 4k screens, it's just not worth it.

Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  6. spaceghost33

Reputations:
    @msi rep or anyone who can help.
    I need part number to ge63 raider 001 front display bezel . Or a compatible front bezel from another msi laptop. The reason I need one is because I used a computer screen cleaner and it removed some of the paint off the bezel. I'm not a happy camper that a simple computer screen cleaner could have a paint thinner effect on a premium laptop like the ge63 raider . https://photos.app.goo.gl/lnJ98dDUvwYLb7tm2

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  7. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    The best way to get it is to call MSI at 888-447-6564 or https://us.msi.com/about/contact-us

Kevin@GenTechPC and spaceghost33 like this.
  8. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    A lot of computer cleaner contains alcohol which can damage the coating on the surface of plastic, therefore it's not recommended. The best way to clean it is to use a cloth with water.
    http://cs.scaleautomag.com/sca/general_discussion/f/3/t/55076.aspx

As far as ordering a replacement part, you can call that number provided by Donald, then place an order. Please note that MSI will charge you for purchasing the part, unless you do a warranty claim which will require you to send the system back to them as you cannot perform a non-warranted repair on your own.

Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  9. spaceghost33

Reputations:
    Hey @msi I have a question,
    What is the difference between this panel and a Rev. C1 ? they both have the same part number and maker only difference is the Rev. C1 and Rev. C2. Reason I ask is because i bought a replacement (c2 version ) to replace the broken screen (c1) But the screen doesn't work properly(dim faint screen) Would that make a difference?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  10. InvoluntorySoul

InvoluntorySoul Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    how many m.2 slot does the new GS65 have?