[Official] Questions for the MSI Rep! #2

Discussion in 'MSI' started by MSIGeno, Sep 15, 2014.

1. streetunder

streetunder Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hello,

Does anyone noticed stuttering on games and benchmarks, lately?

Some MSI 1070 laptops have this "bd prochot" issue, causing CPU throttling to 800mhz, which causes severe stuttering, on CPU intensive games.

Check this thread, if you have this kind of problem with your laptop, and share your feedback.

Thank you

P.S

Any news on a updated BIOS to fix the Intel Spectre/Meltdown issue?

Msi removed the latest BIOS from the official MSI website, bios date 11 January 2018, because Intel told them to do so (some folks have bsod with this bios).

If you go there now, they put an older BIOS instead, which is strange, since they released many new bios after this one.

So, yes, you cant rollback, since the previous BIOS, is not avaliable for download on the official MSI website anymore.

Share your feedback, thank you.

Cheers

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  2. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Please keep your posts minimal if they share the same subject so users don't get confused, thank you.
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/spectre-meltdown-bios-removed-by-msi-feedback.813645/

3. jauffrey

jauffrey Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Not sure if this is the appropriate place for this or not, but my 8 month old MSI GT72VR's keyboard backlighting randomly lost part of the blue color spectrum. One day, my beautiful teal turned into a weird dull yellowy-green, and while blue itself works, and green itself works, teal and other similar colors do not. This only affects the keyboard, all other lights work as intended. Any ideas on how to resolve this without having to mail my laptop in for RMA? I tried resetting the Dragon software to no avail.

4. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    Have you tried FN + +/- key to adjust the light? If problem persists then please proceed with RMA request.
    upload_2018-2-14_14-12-19.png

Donald@HIDevolution and hmscott like this.
  5. jauffrey

jauffrey Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The lighting works, but one of the colors dropped out. It's not worth sending my $2,000 daily driver laptop halfway around the world to maybe fix (I've heard horror stories of Asus RMAs, and haven't gotten the best customer service from MSI *cough*) but was just curious. So basically, MSI used a faulty keyboard - or maybe it was SteelSeries? Who knows.

Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  6. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    Things do break with every brand and no product can be spared of malfunction. But you can try reaching out to your regional MSI office to see if you can purchase a keyboard instead of sending it in, then do the replacement yourself. If the option isn't available, then you can also look it up on eBay, etc.

hmscott and Donald@HIDevolution like this.
  7. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    @jauffrey - and there are Asus Replacement parts dealers that can be messaged and asked for things not listed, and you can send a couple to hunt down what you need - new or pulls from otherwise dead laptops with working keyboards. I'd explain the exact nature of the failure and not just ask for a keyboard, as their might be support components that go with the keyboard lighting external to the keyboard module.

Hit the Shopping tab too...
    https://www.google.com/search?q=asus+laptop+keyboard+replacements

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  8. senso

senso Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The keyboard is staked to the top, it needs a whole top case replaced, when keyboards where faulty in the MSI repair center I worked they keyboards where demanded to be destroyed so a faulty keyboard would never be used in another laptop..

9. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    They can't reuse the keyboard even if they wanted to, because by the time the keyboard is taken off from the C panel it would have been damaged already.

10. senso

Reputations:
    Its possible, a spherical carbide bit and a ton of patience and you can remove the keyboard from the top.

About my other question, no ideias?

11. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    It's not cost effective for any manufacturer to retain that keyboard. It's easier/quicker to just replace the entire C panel with keyboard pre-glued from the factory based on assembly line & streamlined manufacturing process. :)

What was your other question?

12. Tudorean Dorin

Tudorean Dorin Newbie

Reputations:
    Hy Guys! I have an unusual situation with my MSI GT 70 2OC
    (2013 year)
    Specs:
    Item model number: GT70 2OC-065US
    Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) I7-4700 MQ CPU @
    Installed RAM : 16GB DDRIII(L)
    System type : 64 -bit operating system ,x64-based processor
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M / 3GB GDDR5
    Memory :1 TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive +(250GB SSD)
    Windows 10 home
    So... The problem is that ,one yesterday I reinstalled new windows my Laptop isn't working right.
    What I find out is that when I'm playing some games (Like WOT, and some Blizzard ) which don't require some cosmic specs ,the Intel driver Icon (from desktop) disappears and the game is shutting down. After that think I have huge lags , and I can see that screen is having some troubles working.
    What I tried to do:
    I changed the configs in Nvidia control Panel I tried to change to GPU , and to GeForce GTX 770M. Didn't work.
    I checked the drivers in the Admin=> Device manager => Drivers All of them seems to work good and are updated 100%!
    After that I gave up :( Idk what to do! :(
    Please help me!
    Thanks

13. senso

Reputations:
    If its possible to swap the mobo of a GT72 to a mobo of a GT72S but retaining everything else from my GT72 laptop, going by images all the FPC connectors seem to be in the same place and besides the rear dropping a DP and having the USB-C(that I can touch up the case with a dremel), its seems like it would fit.

My current 4720HQ is pegged at 100% on BF1 while pushing around 75-80Fps's, going to a 6820HK cpu would be sweet.