[Official] Questions for the MSI Rep! #2

Discussion in 'MSI' started by MSIGeno, Sep 15, 2014.

1. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    You can register your laptop with MSI and open a ticket for help "blind flashing" your laptop BIOS, they can send you info - I don't have it off hand, maybe someone else does, and please post it when you get it so we can have it too. :)

https://register.msi.com/home/login

DannyB513 likes this.
  2. DannyB513

DannyB513 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Awesome!!! Will do and will post solution here if they provide me with one.

hmscott likes this.
  3. hmscott

Reputations:
    You can simply explain briefly the flash failure, and ask how to recover, saying I've heard of "blind flashing" and I am asking how do I do that on my GE73?

"Blind flashing" is where you can't see the screen, you use a keyboard sequence to flash from a USB flash drive a file loaded onto the flash drive with another computer.

DannyB513 likes this.
  4. DannyB513

DannyB513 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Do you know if there is still an MSI Rep around on here? I looked at the account of the OP of this thread and he/she has not posted since August of 2016.

If one is still around I would like to @ them in a response on here with my ticket number from MSI so hopefully he/she can get me the help I need.

Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  5. hmscott

Reputations:
    Sorry, I haven't seen an MSI rep post for quite a while... and they aren't the kind one gets support help from, they are the sales and marketing types to help with product questions.

Support is only available through MSI online support, create an account, register your laptop, and open a ticket :)

https://register.msi.com/home/login

DannyB513 likes this.
  6. DannyB513

DannyB513 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Did that already :)

hmscott likes this.
  7. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    You don't need an MSI rep, just read the email I sent you on November 17th for how to get tech support.

Papusan, hmscott and Phoenix like this.
  8. Phoenix

Phoenix Colonel

Reputations:
    I don't forget...... [​IMG] >>> http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...n-installing-windows-10.801046/#post-10638586

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    Papusan, Anthony Accioly and Mr. Fox like this.
  9. DannyB513

DannyB513 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    MSI was no help. They want me to RMA the laptop so now I will contact HIDevolution and see if they can help fix this without me having to ship my laptop around the world a few times.

I am in Afghanistan working and if I have to ship my laptop it will take 7-14 days to get from me to HID. Then shipping time from them to MSI if they can't fix it. Then however long MSI takes to fix it. Then hopefully I can get MSI to ship back to me here instead of to my home address (and hope they ship to the right address using either). Otherwise I will then have the added time for my wife to ship it to me over here. It may be 2-3 months before I see my laptop again. At this point I wish I could just return the thing and get my money back, but I know that is not an option due to the fact that if you flash a BIOS on a system you do it at your own risk even though MSI made updating the BIOS a requirement in order to be able to flash the Intel ME FW fix.

:mad::(:mad:

10. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    If you had a programmer and alligator clip and someone else with the identical motherboard as yours did also, they could pull theirs off, zip and email the dumped BIN file and you program it to yours and it would be like nothing ever happened. Easy-peasy.

hmscott and Papusan like this.