[Official] Questions for the MSI Rep! #2

Discussion in 'MSI' started by MSIGeno, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Ardiem

Ardiem Newbie

Reputations:
    So I'm not sure where else to turn. For months now I've been trying to get consistent contact with MSI regarding the MSI GT Trade in program. I first tried calling the number given to me by an MSI representative (no one ever answered.), and finally over a month ago I was contacted by a rep with the GT trade in program who said that I qualified for the trade in program and that they'd get me the details to start the process. They requested I fill out the standard form for it and that they'd get back to me soon. The last communication was 8/24/17. I've sent two more emails since then trying to get a response, they never confirmed they had the information they needed and I'm starting to become frustrated.

I understand these things take time, but is this normal? Should I send another email?

2. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Try to email them again, be patient. They will contact you once they have systems available.

3. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hey, I wanted to know if there is any MSI rep in europe where I could get a GS60 ghost GPU fan?

4. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    Check here and see if you can find the info you needed.
    https://us.msi.com/page/service-location

5. aquariancore

aquariancore Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi it's my first post I'm am looking at having a MSI GL72M 7RDX-1218 upgraded. I do video, cgi and other graphic work for hobbies while doing a load of business. I thought it was a good base to build from. I have a MSI desktop I am happy with. I would like opinions. I am going thru hidevolution.com

6. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You can't. MSI started to go full BGA on CPU and GPU, meaning your parts are soldered to the mainboard, you cannot upgrade your notebook.

If I'm wrong then please correct me @ MSI reps, but I think the only system that has MXM graphicscards is the GT 8x series if we talk 2016/2017 models.

aquariancore likes this.
  7. aquariancore

aquariancore Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks DanishBlunt Okay, I miss worded.I'm having hidevolution.com assemble a new one to my specs. I need something dependable and will last a few years. In the past I was never happy with upgrades. I'd rather get a new unit. Also I am handicapped so I clean out my old old and give it to a handicapped person or disadvantaged school kid who can't afford one for next to nothing. I am happy with my MSI Desktop and unhappy with Toshiba laptop for the on to go stuff. Thus the MSI GL72M 7RDX-1218. Any opinions

8. aquariancore

aquariancore Newbie

Reputations:
    Since my last post I have read several reviews of the base model MSI GL72M 7RDX and am very encouraged I picked the right one to customize. In fact one hit almost every point of value I need. Still, it is the users you guys that really know. Having virtually unplugged due to a 5 1/2 hospitalization, I am out of the loop. I was using a Gateway Laptop from 2006. So, I am trying to play catch up (no mustard thank you). All input before I purchase would be appreciated.

9. damarsh33

damarsh33 Newbie

Reputations:
    @msi rep - I have a gt72s 6qe. I was told the same as most of the others that it was going to be upgradable. However, even though I registered it in Nov 2015 when I bought it, I never received the trade in program email that most of the other folks got.

Is this still a thing? Can I still do the uprade or trade in? I'd much rather go that route than get a completely new box...

10. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    Are you located in US/Canada? If yes then call MSI tech support directly to find out.