[Official] Questions for the MSI Rep! #2

Discussion in 'MSI' started by MSIGeno, Sep 15, 2014.

1. silverwolf0

silverwolf0 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What is the difference between the PE72 and PE70? The latest versions of both have 7th gen processors and gtx 1050. The only thing I can tell is the dvd drive is missing on the PE72 from the spec page and pictures, but the weight is the same as the PE70. Does that mean there might be a bigger battery from the extra room? The PE62 and PE60 seem to also differ by the dvd drive, with the PE62 being 0.2kg lighter. I really don't trust the spec sheets on the MSI website as they claim all four laptops have 6-cell 41whr batteries. Can you clarify on these different models?

2. ReeseATPH

ReeseATPH Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I would like to know WHY, I have had 2 Brand New Raider GE63VR's and they have BOTH shown the following issue:

1. Battery wear 11% on one unit and 8% on the second (as reported by windows)
    2. MORE importantly - WHY both have the same screen defect ! Each screen appears normal at the top and then fades to a dull grey / yellow
    at the bottom. Or in the case of the second unit at the bottom right, specifically on white screens.

I realize this is a TN panel, however... we are talking about straight on viewing... no angle.

Installed batteries
    Information about each currently installed battery
    BATTERY 1
    NAME BIF0_9
    MANUFACTURER MSI
    SERIAL NUMBER -
    CHEMISTRY LION
    DESIGN CAPACITY 53,236 mWh
    FULL CHARGE CAPACITY 49,239 mWh
    CYCLE COUNT -

Attached Files:

3. Peers

Peers Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,

How long does usgttradein@msi.com usually take to respond to a customer after customer service tells the customer to email that address?

4. ryzeki

ryzeki Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    It can take a while. Between everyone that has used the trade in program, I think we have had all very different response times. The only common thing is that once the trade in process starts, communication is usually more consistent and fast.

But the first contact can take several weeks. I would hope it would be faster now than several months ago.

MiSJAH and Kevin@GenTechPC like this.
  5. Tamer.Ahmed

Tamer.Ahmed Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,
    I have GT60 2OC i bought from long time and the FAN is getting loader and the heat is high from the FAN vent.

What i want is a guide to where i can get the FAN(s) replacement online with guide to how to replace them.

Thank you in advance.

6. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    It's likely the fan/vent is dirty. Have you tried to cleaning it up first using compressed air? If it's defective with a worn bearing then you can search for the part number which is located on your current fan.

ryzeki likes this.
  7. ryzeki

ryzeki Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    Dissasembly of the GT60 series is quite easy. Once the bottom panel is removed, you can quickly remove the fan itself as far as I remember. Since it was a popular model, you shouldn't have problems finding dissasembly guides for MSI GT60 on youtube or so.

Though as Kevin suggested, you might be better off starting with a good cleanup and maybe even repasting. I still have a GT60 2oD over my house and it hasn't gotten any hotter/louder, thanks to consistent cleaning.

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  8. jrwingate6

jrwingate6 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Did you ever get this stuff straightened out? Also, who did you order the laptop from?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

9. dabooosh

dabooosh Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My Gt62VR 087 is less than a year old and the GPU fan died. MSI wants my laptop for over 30 days to fix the problem.

Can't you guys just send me a replacement fan?

MiSJAH likes this.
  10. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Has it been more than 30 days from the date of receipt by MSI service center? If they ran out of parts it can take longer, perhaps a week longer than usual.