*Official* nVidia GTX 20xx Series notebook discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Alias, Jan 26, 2019.

1. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I doubt it, that would force them to make more motherboard sku's in general. For most gaming laptops that would be too costly. For a large scale laptop model it would indeed be possible.

2. sniffin

sniffin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  3. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    I wonder if Notebookcheck.com and Pcworld.com are collaborating. Or if Alienware Dell push out their cherry picked units to a few of their prefered - favorite review sites at same time. Then determine when the reviewers shall show it on their webpages.

Not the first time I have seen this for the Alienware's. And won't be the last I think. Maybe @Eason can explain how it works. Because these coincidences that repeat themselves (The reviews show up on the same day - And the models have already been here some time now) ain't normal.

REVIEW
    Alienware m15 review: The power of OLED compels you Pcworld.com | 06/14/2019

"The first-gen m15’s not dead yet though. Just before Computex, Alienware sent us an updated version of the original m15, bumping up to Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Max-Q graphics and a stunning OLED display"

REVIEW
    Alienware m15 P79F (i7-8750H, RTX 2070 Max-Q, OLED) Notebookcheck.com | 06/14/2019

PS. Mentioned AW model in the reviews is the last one coming from Dell with upgradeable Wifi cards. Dell have now swapped over to "welded on Wifi cards" for the refreshed AW models. From now on the "storage" is the only hardware you can upgrade in these Dell gaming laptop models. The transformation over to fully soldered hardware is now almost done.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    Ashtrix, DreDre, Vasudev and 2 others like this.
  4. Eason

Eason Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I am not familiar with PCWorld from an organization perspective, other than that I am familiar with Gordon Mah Ung and he seems like a very decent guy. I do know PCWorld is owned by IDG; IDG is one of 4-5 key investors in Razer. That is something interesting to me.

For notebookcheck, we ask for review units with our PR contacts. Sometimes we can get them (depending on relationships and available inventory in the region, i.e. EU vs US) and sometimes we have to buy them ourselves. There is no collaboration/relationship between NBC and PCWorld to my knowledge. UltrabookReview has shared data with NBC before, and I know of that because I am involved with both sites. I am not aware of any ongoing agreements.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  5. onecandy

onecandy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi guys .. it seems that on techpowerup they have shared the 200w bios for clevo..I'm now trying to flash it and let you know the results ..
    The link is: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/212106/212106

UPDATE I saw badly .. same bios .. sorry

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    lsflp likes this.