*Official* nVidia GTX 20xx Series notebook discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Alias, Jan 26, 2019.

1. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
  2. Arondel

Arondel Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    According to Notebookcheck:

They also posted a leaked benchmark with the AMD 3750H:

csm_Results_1660_bc58675c5c.png

3. Temp1234453

Temp1234453 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  4. Arondel

Arondel Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    At the bottom of the page you will find the tool to add more devices to the comparison:

Compare.jpg

Temp1234453 likes this.
  5. onecandy

onecandy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    IMPORTANT
    For all owners of a mobile rtx2080 mounted on a clevo base, I am pleased to announce that I flash the bios for Dell and it works perfectly!! Finally we can make the most of our video cards..the base clock starts at 1575 mhz while it is at 1755 mhz with the boost..I remember that the bios of the first stopped at 1380 mhz and 1590 mhz..I tested this bios for a couple of hours with projects in virtual reality on a unreal engine without any problem, the temperatures do not exceed 81 ° (pulled at maximum)
    Good flash! :)

Link Bios: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/209738/209738

bennyg, JRE84, jaybee83 and 4 others like this.
  6. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    ballsy move and congratz on avoiding a brick. still, be careful in the longterm with loads, different vbios is designed for a different card and power layout, so any damages might be mid to longterm before they actually surface...

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi Max 2 (Oxygen) using Tapatalk

7. bennyg

bennyg Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Nice, +rep

Nvflash (any overrides required)?
    Or hardware flash to bios rom chip?

Which version of the dell vbios (what power limit?)

lsflp likes this.
  8. onecandy

Reputations:

When I was flashing I had my doubts, in fact I didn't think it worked, I relied on the fact that they had exactly the same features apart clock: -Clevo: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/208784/208784 -Dell: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/209738/209738 Two days I use it for work with demanding programs like UE4 and 3dmax, no strange artifacts or bricks..for the moment ..
    As far as life span I know the risks, but it seems absurd to me that a card that can make 100 blocks it at 70 of its power .. also because 74 degrees are nothing for a GPU like this one

Of course I used nvflash, obviously removing the write protection and a backup of the old bios .. as far as the TPD was taken to 200W, first it was 150w it seems to me..I am attaching HWInfo ..[​IMG]

UPDATE
    In the night I tried to give him a slight overclocking..light, how not? hahaha I managed to find stability with Fur and 3DMark, these are the parameters I used: + 155Mhz on the clock + 750Mhz in the memory .. I estimated an increase in performance (based on the benchmark) of at least 10% (10000 point at 176 FPS vs 11221 point at 185 FPS with fur benchmark)
    The maximum temperature reached was 85 ° in an hour of stress test .. Today I am working with virtual reality and I notice a greater fluidity in some scenarios ..
    I will continue to try these settings hoping to have finally found a fair compromise between the 9900k and RTX2080

However, these clevo workstations are something completely absurd .. with a delid and the right thermal pastes you get the same performance as your desktop .. spectacular![​IMG]

TPD HWInfo: https://ibb.co/mHxWv8M

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  9. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    nothing absurd about that, that's actually the whole idea of clevo DTRs, to have a mobile desktop :p

bennyg, onecandy and hmscott like this.
  10. onecandy

Reputations:
    For those like me who work in the office as much as from home, having a solution like this is fantastic .. in the next month I want to order the liquid cooling plate ... I'm curious to see how much it lowers the temperatures!
    OffTopic: In your signature I see that you are on 5.2ghz..but on all cores? o_O

UPDATE 2
    This pc still needs a bigger power supply .. the gpu at full load is 200w while at the cpu on the 165w .. turning a stress test on both components the pc turns off because it doesn't have enough power..this would be the solution: http://www.eurocom.com/ec/configure(2,404,0)780WACDCAdapter but it costs a lot of madness .. scenarios of full load on cpu and gpu do not often occur, but it would have been nice if they sold this pc with the appropriate adapter ..

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    hmscott, jaybee83 and lsflp like this.