*Official* nVidia GTX 20xx Series notebook discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Alias, Jan 26, 2019.

1. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
  2. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Gigabyte Aorus 15-X9 with RTX 2070 - How Fast Is It?
    OWNorDisown
    Published on Apr 21, 2019
    "Aorus is Gigabyte's gaming line and they are well know for squeezing in high end hardware in small or thin chassis. The Aorus 15" is no exception. At under 5 lbs and under 1" think it has a six core i7 8750h CPU and 115w RTX 2070 GPU. No max Q here. This laptop has the potential of being one of the fastest 15" laptops on the market. But how does it perform?"

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    Joikansai likes this.
  3. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    No 2070 maxq but it performs, hot and loud like maxq, put full 2080 and it’ll melt:D. It’s better using maxq on such cassis for better temperature and noise.
    2070maxq on Blade 15, AW m15, Asus (Zephyrus, strix scar) and GS65 (with vbios flashing maybe) will perform not too much different with that full 2070 on that cassis, for 2K machine TB3 should also be there imo.
    Side note: I thought Aorus was Gigabyte Premium gaming laptop brand with g sync, high end gpu etc on Pascal gen with 1080 with also premium price when I’m not wrong...

4. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Huh..

2070mq working like a full 2070...

Come again...wait...don't

5. AlexusR

AlexusR Guest

Reputations:
    This is why I hate when reviewers receive review samples which they are not allowed to test properly. You can never know if the cooling system performs like it was designed unless you check for proper heatsink contact and proper thermal paste application and reviewers who receive review samples are NOT allowed to do so. This isn't the fault of reviewers but it still makes the thermal data somewhat pointless to me, especially when seeing that other users of same model could achieve lower temps.

6. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    On his previous video he mentioned he bought his review laptops with his own money and sold it again after review which isn’t too short period unlike other famous YouTubers who get their review hardwares freely as manufactures marketing tools. As you can see he showed also benchmarks with undervolting and on stock. And not all users repasting their new machine, including me if it’s hot I’ll just send it back.

hmscott likes this.
  7. AlexusR

AlexusR Guest

Reputations:
    Once again, this is a review sample received from Gigabyte, with standard restrictions. If you do not believe it - ask Steven himself. Like I did. The Lenovo Y740 which he also recently received is also a review sample sent by Lenovo.

That's a valid point and I do agree that none of the general customers should be expected to do repasting by themselves, but I do not mind doing repasting myself. I actually almost purchased Dell G7 (I saw videos with high CPU temps but I wanted to see if repasting and re-aligning heatsink would fix that) when Dell had big sale, Dell just refused to charge my credit card due to issues with their system so I just ordered something different from another store.

8. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    My bad, saw his video before mentioning he bought laptops him self and sold after that, on video that shows how much money he produced as YouTuber. Anyway I like the way he shows his own undervolting value which most gaming laptops users would do.

hmscott likes this.
  9. Temp1234453

Temp1234453 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    2060m≈1070 maxQ < 1070 ≈ 1660ti
    1070m ≈ 1070

Will the mobile 1660ti will be more powerful than the mobile 2060? o_O

hmscott likes this.
  10. seanwee

seanwee Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Definitely not.