*Official* nVidia GTX 10xx Series notebook discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Orgrimm, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Wow, there is just no shortage on companies that are willing to tell lies and make deceptive statements about the trash they sell to make money. It's shameful, and there will be many noobs deceived into purchasing a disposable pile of trash by their fake baloney.

I couldn't let the asinine opening statement about this jokebook slide through unnoticed. They are shameless liars... they will say anything to make a buck.

http://www.pcgamer.com/hps-omen-x-g..._campaign=buffer_pcgamerfb#comment-3482989326

upload_2017-8-23_8-36-35.png

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  2. Papusan

Papusan BGA Filthy = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    You talk about the companies aka the OEM/vendors/resellers who always think/will help their own sick mother. I will put in this... Don't forget the reviewers who sitting writing on sites/YouTube who are willing to post the same ****y/or make their own words on their own web channel/page. They have no integrity and have no scruples push out this false claims/info from the OEMs!! They are even worse or on same low level as the OEMs who try fooling buyers to buy their utter trash. They are masters in giving out wrong info with their flashy sales websites.

Young kids/first time computer buyers relying on statements coming from the advertising from reviewers websites!! No wonder we have sad times in the notebook segment!!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    Mr. Fox and Ashtrix like this.
  3. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Checking out the smallest GTX 1080 Ti EVER MADE!

Templesa likes this.
  4. Templesa

Templesa Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @hmscott Thanks for sharing that - I have that exact case for my desktop and I'm intrigued now!

Georgel and hmscott like this.
  5. Templesa

Templesa Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  6. Papusan

Papusan BGA Filthy = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    TBoneSan and hmscott like this.
  7. Templesa

Templesa Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'd rather have there be a demand for MXM and for more companies to utilize it and give it a reason to be used than just Clevo making them, personally. I agree that it's silly as a desktop, but more support is good.

8. TBoneSan

TBoneSan Laptop Fiend

Reputations:
    Yeah, one hopes that we can one day pick one up off the retail shelves and upgrade our MXM laptops without jumping through hoops.

Templesa and Ionising_Radiation like this.
  9. bennyg

bennyg Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The more the desktop world gets involved with MXM is a good sign, hopefully the broad cross-vendor standards start trickling down. So long as compatibility is (mostly) locked to a vendor's ecosystem, volumes will remain low, prices high, and aftermarket will remain niche (and get more so given the thin'n'BGA infestation in notebooks)

long2905 likes this.
  10. Templesa

Templesa Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That would be amazing. I could only dream of walking into a best buy / futureshop / etc on the release of the Nvidia 12x0 series, grabbing an MXM board off the shelf and shoving it in my laptop the same day. That's the kind of world I want for my children.

TBoneSan and Ionising_Radiation like this.