*Official* nVidia GTX 10xx Series notebook discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by Orgrimm, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Wow, $3K for a disposable BGA turdbook is pretty crazy. A Tornado F5/EVOC 16L-G-1080 or P870 with 7700K and single 1080 will tear its head off and poop down its neck.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017 at 4:54 PM
  2. Papusan

Papusan BGABOOK's = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    But as stated in the NBC article in bottom... If you're an laptop overclocking enthusiasts, maybe it's worth it:D
    IMG_1063.PNG

Edit. The price would probably be higher with Max-Q:)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017 at 4:53 PM
  3. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    I posted the same.
    upload_2017-8-12_13-54-32.png

Georgel and Papusan like this.
  4. Papusan

Papusan BGABOOK's = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    EVGA went probably with the special crafted 240W due use of the unlocked 7820hk. If not, maybe 180w would be chosen.

Btw. Ain't Razer's best laptop model (7820 + 1080) coming with the stronger 250w psu ?:rolleyes:

5. Georgel

Georgel Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Ah, you jumped on them and made things just a bit funnier by being so straight to the point :D

Mr. Fox and Papusan like this.
  6. Georgel

Georgel Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I just finished reading it now. thank you, everyone, for a great job there! Quite amusing to see so many people doing this.

I'd want to add that I have been tinkering with the idea of purchasing a BGA GTX 1060 laptop for travel and work while on a trip, because they are quite cheap (under 1K $) and they are light, but that would never be something to overclock. Like, absolutely never.

In the light of this, I'd like to also mention that I agree with everybody, all laptop max scores for OC are done on Clevo laptops, no sense in them saying that it is the "first true OC laptop", that is kinda misleading.

If I have enough free time, and if brother @Prema / or a reseller wants this, I might be able to draw something like a GUI for the BIOS, but I don't know how to program it, just throwing the idea that I might have the skill to and be curious to try help with that, although it would take a lot of coordination to make anything like a proper GUI for OC from within the BIOS and enable the same level of control Clevo users have now with prema BIOS.

ThePerfectStorm likes this.
  7. ThePerfectStorm

ThePerfectStorm Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That's an amazing offer, dude! I hope @Prema takes you up on it. Then all Prema BIOS retailers will love it, and I think the customers will too.

Also, and I know @Papusan and @Mr. Fox will vehemently disagree with me, a BGA 1060 for sub-1k is okay IMO for on-the-go gaming. Especially considering that I don't know of any socketed 1060 laptop under 1k. Good luck bro!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

8. Ionising_Radiation

Ionising_Radiation ?v = ve*ln(m0/m1)

Reputations:
    Hey, even BGA notebooks can be overclocked (well, not if you buy a Razer Blade, but that's only thin, but not exactly cheap). Perhaps the Clevo P950HP?

9. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    I don't know that I would vehemently disagree unless you were to ask me to spend my own money on something like that. I would definitely vehemently disagree about that. The biggest problem with BGA filth is that's almost the only thing left to buy now. Good high performance laptop options are on the verge of being totally non-existent. What I use for my own measuring stick is this... If I can afford to toss it into a dumpster if stops working, not lose any sleep over it or feel any financial loss, BGA is just fine and the price is right.

TBoneSan and Papusan like this.
  10. Ionising_Radiation

Ionising_Radiation ?v = ve*ln(m0/m1)

Reputations:
    Indeed. I would love to see a professional-looking BIOS, rather than the gaudy highlights we have with all the gamer-y boards. I'd love to see some concepts :)

I don't think there exist notebooks with MXM GTX 1060s, let alone GTX 1060s and an LGA socket. There is the W650KK1, with a BGA GTX 1050 Ti and LGA socket.