Official NEW SVZ Z series Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony Owners' Lounge Forum' started by avmaxfan, Jun 6, 2012.

1. funny4life

funny4life Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  2. fam

fam Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    there are some serious flaws with this vaio svz. but its not noticeable when you use it... i use it everyday.. i dont find anything bad for the daily usage.. though i use that tiny laptop like.. 3-4 hours maximum a day. thats it.
    Flaws:
    -Not so good keyboard / trackpad.
    -Strange noise from the fan / inner hardware. (rarely or when trying to shut down / sleep)
    -the screen seems to get very grey on some application. for example, if i go to certain flash / java website, the screen become very grey.. and dull. but after following the link through next page, it backs to normal and colorful. very strange issue.
    thats all i can seem to notice.

3. Black&Gold

Black&Gold Newbie

Reputations:
    I just received my SVZ today, only a week and 2 days after placing the order online and it's beautiful. I did have a question about something I've seen brought up in this thread before about the amount of space that the rapid wake technology takes up and the best way to remove trial ware. I've read that doing it all through the included VAIO recovery system works but if anyone has an alternate suggestion I'm open to it. On my old laptop I would simply wipe the whole hard drive and reinstall a clean OS but that was on a HDD, does the same process work with an SSD? Thanks.

4. Imperial

Imperial Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Rapid Wake technology uses a partition the size of your RAM, I believe.

What I did to clean install Windows 7:
    1) Get all the important drivers from Sony (HD4000 + Ethernet + Wi-Fi if needed mainly, the rest can be gotten post-install)
    2) Make a recovery USB (~19 GB through Vaio Recovery) just in case
    3) Restart computer, enter BIOS, change order to include external drives
    4) Start computer from external Windows 7 install ISO USB stick
    5) Install over old installation, effectively moving all my old files to a folder Windows.old (to be deleted after)
    6) Change boot order back to normal
    7) Install needed drivers (HD4000 + Ethernet + Wi-Fi, etc.)
    8) Recover VAIO programs (? - I didn't actually do this, so wait on somebody else's advice for this)

I accidentally wiped the Rapid Wake partition, and I have no idea how to get it back. Honestly I don't mind too much, because the stock Windows sleep works fine for me (battery drain is minimal) and wake is near instant.

5. Supermiguel

Supermiguel Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    slow connectivity

6. m1key

m1key Newbie

Reputations:
  7. fransmayra

fransmayra Newbie

Reputations:
    I am also having problems with the new Z3 trackpad buttons not registering clicks even while I try using force when pressing them. Has anyone actually returned their Vaio Z3 yet, and got it back with a trackpad that has better functioning buttons?

- Frans

8. NvPhuong

NvPhuong Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,
    I have been lost recovery partition and i don't have recovery disc of my SVZ131190X. so anyone have recovery disc image (iso file)? can you upload to internet for me? and i think any recovery disc of any SVZ model is ok. help me please, thank you!
    i used windows 7 pro 64 bit with english language

9. Geeee

Geeee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Any word on the next refresh? Any rumors on a redesign, possibly next year's CES 2013?

10. j_zseries

j_zseries Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Living in Canada, Vancouver.
    Just ordered my SVZ notebook! Ordered on September 29. It says estimated shipping date is October 9.

- i5 processor
    - 6 GB RAM
    - 1600 x 900

Total cost $1600

Maybe someone would be nice enough to tell me if they think speakers really suck or not? I heard a lot of bad reviews for speakers - but when I went to store....they seemed....okay. But I just want other people's opinion on it.