Official NEW SVZ Z series Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony Owners' Lounge Forum' started by avmaxfan, Jun 6, 2012.

1. guho

guho Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Only thing i can think of is: incompatible 5GHz channel used by router. What channel is your router on?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2. zimbros12

zimbros12 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Same here:
    My SVZ also doesn't detect 5GHZ however my TZ298 does detect it as well as my iPhone7 plus.

3. SurferJon

SurferJon Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I just spilled some tea on my Z's trackpad. I dried it within a minute, and while I could move the mouse a little bit after the spill, it eventually stopped working.

I took the laptop apart and tried drying it with a blowdryer but it still won't work. Took the black plastic cover off the bottom of the trackpad to do that.

After I did that, the keyboard started acting funny. It kept typing "f" and "k." Then all the letters would stop working after a few minutes of turning on the laptop. But after a couple of restarts and reopening the laptop and screwing it back together twice, they're working again. Odd that restarting would make the keyboard work again.

So now the mouse and click buttons no longer works. Is there a way to test if I fried a particular component, or would I have to replace every mouse part? Anyone know what parts I would need?

Also, what are you guys replacing your Z's with? I got the Razer FHD last month but the colors were TERRIBLE. Incredibly yellow. I really don't want 4K, but it seems like the XPS 15 might be the only decent option.

4. guho

guho Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I still love my svz13 but if 14" is ok to you i can suggest the x1 yoga OLED. It has all the features of the svz13 other than the pmd. Breathtaking screen. Up to 1Tb NVME SSD. Optional wwan too..

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

5. chaccadao

chaccadao Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You have to change the 2.4GHZ to 5GHZ in smart network,if you already had smart network installed,if not,re-install smart network n change it from there,hope it'll work out for you.

6. zimbros12

zimbros12 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Thanks. It worked

7. SurferJon

Reputations:
    I totaled my Z. :( Does anyone know how to connect the SSD to another laptop? I currently have a Dell XPS 15. Is there a way to connect it via USB to download everything, or some other method?

8. Kocane

Kocane Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Did you ever get it working? I am in the same situation

EDIT:
    I don' know if this is of interest for anyone, or if it was a problem fo anyone but me but I made my brightness hotkeys and everything work (with the 'classic' OSD), by using these drivers, installed in this order as well:

1) SFEP:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/j83lhp8ew6wr7ws/1)Sony_Firmware_Extension_Parser_Device.exe

2) Shared Library:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/20puurxsbrb37rh/2)Sony_Shared_Library.exe

3) Notebook Utilities:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/xaq3aplp135xl73/3)_Sony_Notebook_Utilities.exe

4) VAIO Event Service:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/dzuhiletltillcf/4)VAIO_Event_Service_5.2.0.15020.exe

I'm not too sure about the need for the event service but I installed it anyway. I rebooted after each driver installment. I also unpacked them all with universal extractor and ran .exe as admin.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  9. Kocane

Kocane Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'm not sure but even if you could get the mSATA to USB adapter (I think it's mSATA SSDs) wouldn't there be trouble since it's two SSDs in a RAID? :/ I'm guessing only the RAID controller on the SVZ can figure that out..

How totalled is your Vaio?

On another note; would you be interested in selling it for parts for me? I could use a better battery, a new "down arrow"-key on mine and a new WWAN card.

10. SurferJon

Reputations:
    Well I spilled tea on the mousepad and opened it up to replace it, but when I put it back together and turned it on the screen wouldn't go on. The fan also starts spinning 100 MPH about 30 seconds after I power it up. Connecting an RGB cable doesn't show anything on an external monitor. I don't know what I did, but I know all of the parts except the mousepad are 100% functioning, it's just stuff in-between that must've gotten disconnected. I've opened it up and put it back together over a dozen times before without issue, so I'm not sure what I did this time to break it.

I'd feel really bad selling it since I get so attached to my laptops, haha. XD I just bought it brand new AC adapters, batteries, and extended batteries about a year ago too, some still in the box. I really want to get it up and running again, but I don't know what to fix or what I did to it. It's upsetting me a lot. They just fixed the entire thing under extended warranty less than a year ago too. Ugh!