]]>

Official NEW SVZ Z series Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony Owners' Lounge Forum' started by avmaxfan, Jun 6, 2012.

1. guho

guho Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @Fungus99: How much would you be willing to offer for an i7 svz13 with 512GB SSD, upgraded 802.11ac wlan, mc7355 wwan 4g lte (all major wireless carriers), bluray pmd, UK (not US) keyboard?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2. Fungus99

Fungus99 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Depends on the condition.
    I'd rather you make me an offer.
    Can you email me ccfungus@gmail.com for further discussion, thanks

3. Fungus99

Reputations:
    Make me an offer

4. Fungus99

Reputations:
    LOL it's almost as if people are teasing me by telling they have one for sale then deliberately ignore me and don't respond. Twice this has happened. What gives?

5. guho

guho Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Sorry i missed your response will get back to you.

6. Andil

Andil Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    anyone else selling a svz3 with media dock please? I am looking for one
    thanks in advance

7. psessoms

psessoms Newbie

Reputations:
    I can hardly believe my SVZ131190X is over 4 years old now and still has impressive specs even among the newer offerings. The internals in mine seem great, but the keyboard and display both need some attention. I've ordered a replacement screen and think I can manage to replace it.

But replacing the keyboard looks like pretty major surgery since you have to replace the whole palmrest piece? That looks pretty involved.

The keyboard has been through heavy use over the last several years. It's always been shallow like all of the SVZ's, but until pretty recently that was the only problem. Nowadays, it's a lot harder to type on accurately. I get a lot of repeating characters, especially some letters like "c", or characters that don't register the first time I make contact.

Has anyone else had this problem and found a way to fix it besides completely replacing the whole palmrest part? I do a lot of my work with the machine docked and external keyboard, but I also use it as a regular standalone laptop for a couple of hours a day, so it would be great to get the keyboard behaving better again if possible. But I realize it's old, has seen a lot of use, and this might just be how they get with enough normal wear and tear.

Thanks!

8. SurferJon

SurferJon Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Does the SVZ support 5 GHZ Wi-Fi? It says I have the Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 card installed, which Intel's site says supports 5 GHz, but I'm not picking up the 5 GHZ signal on my new router. Do I need to upgrade the internal card? Does Sony's firmware lock you out from doing that? If not, any recommendations for a new Wi-Fi card?

9. guho

guho Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes the 6235 supports 5GHz at N speed. I upgraded my svz13 to a broadcom 4352 and get 5GHz at up to 867Mbit/s 802.11ac gross wlan speed.

SurferJon likes this.
  10. SurferJon

SurferJon Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I could never detect any 5 GHZ signals on the 6235. I installed the latest drivers, tried different ones, used older versions, etc. Just never would work. My Galaxy S5 can pick up my router's 5GHZ no problem, though.

I installed a new Intel Dual Band-AC 7260 card yesterday but it's also not picking up my router's 5 GHZ signal even though my phone does. Same Mbps as the previous card too. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have version 18.33.5.1 of the driver from October 2016. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you!