Official NEW SVZ Z series Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony Owners' Lounge Forum' started by avmaxfan, Jun 6, 2012.

1. gerrykiddy

gerrykiddy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thank you but neither that driver or the 64 bit one are compatible.

2. guho

guho Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Unpack Intel driver (get correct one for bitness and hd4000) package using 7 zip or universalextractor and install from device manager. Then run the standard installer which should succeed. Then reboot.

gerrykiddy likes this.
  3. gerrykiddy

Reputations:
    At last guho. Thank you very much. Its so obvious....err

4. guho

guho Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Now my question is: if I followed my own instructions would it mess up my ATI Radeon in the Power Media Dock?

5. gerrykiddy

Reputations:
    Obviously I can confirm that it works well in my machine but I don't really notice any major improvement other than the nice date of 2015 instead of 2013. Just using win 10 improves the look of the desktop . Good luck

6. SurferJon

SurferJon Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Couple of issues...

1. Any time I load a web page with Flash, Firefox/Chrome become very laggy and the fan goes crazy. It's like Flash drains the whole system. Right now there's ads on this site which are slowing down Firefox for me, so much so that as I type, it takes a second for each character to appear.
    2. My PMD stopped working. When I plug it in, nothing happens. My HDMI output also doesn't work anymore, though the USBs are all fine. This happened after I sent my laptop in to Best Buy to repair under Sony's Extended Warranty, but I'm wondering if it's a drivers issue over a hardware issue.
    3. I tried installing the latest Intel HD drivers from the posts above, but had no luck. It said they're not compatible with my system. Can anyone walk me through what exact link to download and how to install it?
    4. Are there any other updated drivers I should have?
    5. Is there any reliable place to buy a new battery for my SVZ?

7. SurferJon

Reputations:
    Has everyone moved on from the SVZ? :p

8. guho

guho Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    5.ebay 4.use vaio update 3. Extract using 7zip and install latest intel video drivers using the device manager.

9. SurferJon

Reputations:
    Nothing I'm doing is working.

Is this the link I download? https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24593

When I go into the Device Manager, I click "Display Adapters," pick "Intel (R) HD Graphics 4000," then browse to the extracted folder from the link above. But nothing happens, it just says it's up-to-date when it's not (it reports it's updated to version 8.961.1.0 from 4/14/2012). What am I doing wrong? :p I've got the i7 SVZ with 8 GB ram.

10. guho

guho Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Are you installing driver from devmgr using 'have disk' method? Should work.