*Official* NBR Linux Desktop & Laptop Benchmark Thread "Show us your Numbers!"

Discussion in 'Linux Compatibility and Software' started by Mr. Fox, Oct 1, 2021.

?

Do you think Windoze 10 and/or 11 suck and it is time to make the leap to Linux?

This poll will close on Nov 23, 2040 at 8:16 PM.
  1. No, I am a Micro$lop Kool-Aid drinker and I love their tacky-looking, bloated, icky crap.

22.2%
  2. Yes, I am fed up with their rubbish and I am moving to Linux come hell or high water.

33.3%
  3. I don't like how Windows has been ruined, but I will still use keep using it, and Linux.

44.4%
  4. I stopped using Windows a long time ago. I use exclusively Linux for everything.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I do not know of many benchmarks for Linux. Being an overclocker for years, I am primarily a Windows user. But, everything released after Windows 7 sucks and anything I can do to facilitate my transition to Linux can only be viewed as a good thing. There's NOTHING on HWBOT in terms of Linux benchmarks. Maybe someday.

So, please post your benchmark results and share links to download the benchmarks that you use and enjoy. I am looking forward to seeing them, and I'm sure others will, too.

Since I am starting thread, I guess it only makes sense that I will go first.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
    etern4l and Papusan like this.
  2. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Let's see if HWBOT has anything to say about me using Linux. I read the rules and they are silent about Linux being the OS, LOL. They only mention W10 restrictions because of its functional defects. This is not using the chiller and it beat my 7980XE high score by roughly 25 points. Also with the 5950X running 500Mhz slower than the 7980XE.

https://hwbot.org/submission/4828196_mr._fox_cinebench___r15_ryzen_9_5950x_5276_cb?recalculate=true
    [​IMG]
    https://hwbot.org/submission/482820...r11.5_ryzen_9_5950x_58.72_cb?recalculate=true
    [​IMG]
    I didn't submit these because the scores are not high enough to beat my prior submissions.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
  3. Clamibot

Clamibot Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I wonder if the 2 people so far on the poll who said they were a Micro$lop Kool-Aid drinker were being serious or were just trolling.

I've never liked Linux. I avoid it when possible, but it's kind of disheartening to see how little activity there is here.

Maybe in the future when we no longer have to use the command like to do everything in Linux, I'll use it more. Maybe it's different today, but that was my experience when I was first exposed to Linux about 7 years ago. I hate the command line. I stay away from it like the plague. GUIs for the win!

Mr. Fox likes this.
  4. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    That's been Ubuntu for a while now to my understanding

Clamibot and Mr. Fox like this.
  5. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    That might be generational. I love using a command line. I had a hard time initially accepting Windows because it was "for wusses" and shared too many similarities with Mac OS. I use a command line in Windows very frequently. The only frustrating thing about it with Linux is I don't have all of the syntaxes committed to memory and I have to Google search things more frequently than I would like to. But, that's on me and reflection of my ignorance.

It is really sad that Linux fans don't seem to be the same kind of enthusiast I am. I guess they are excited about Linux, but not so much the hardware it runs on. I was really disappointed with the lack of engagement in this thread, and I think it really explains why Linux hasn't become a serious rival to Windows. There are too many things it can't do because the people that make Linux great don't care about those things.

I love Linux and it would replace Windows for me if it was as robust and had as many awesome software and app titles. Unfortunately, there are just too many things that I want to do with a computer that I can't do with Linux because there is nothing available to do it with. That's not a fault of Linux because it is very capable.

OEMs are not going to support Linux for similar reasons, and because of that we will continue to see partially functional turdbooks that lack simple things like RGB and fan controls. Just think how awesome it could be if things like MSI Dragon Center, Clevo Control Center, Alienware Command Center, etc. all had working Linux versions that were not bloated UWP trash.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021 at 11:42 PM
    Clamibot likes this.
  6. Mr. Fox

Reputations: