*Official* NBR Desktop Overclocker's Lounge [laptop owners welcome, too]

Discussion in 'Desktop Hardware' started by Mr. Fox, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Talon

Talon Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Been running my Corsair 3200Mhz CL16 LPX ram at 3466Mhz CL16 for 2 days now without issue. Any suggestions on a good memory benchmark to test this out?

Mr. Fox likes this.
  2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    AIDA64 is the best.

upload_2018-1-2_11-50-28.png

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    Papusan and Talon like this.
  3. TANWare

TANWare Just This Side of Senile, I think. Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Be careful of that G19 on Ebay as in the product description it says it is for a G510S, not the same keyboard.

4. Raiderman

Raiderman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Huh? I purchased from this seller, and it is a g19s. I have the keyboard! Must be something messed up on his description.

Edit: That is because of Ebays stupid "match" what you are selling description. Half the time you cant find what you are trying to sell. No biggie, they are G19S keyboards, and mine looked brand new when I received it.

Papusan and Mr. Fox like this.
  5. Talon

Talon Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Thanks! Looks like I'm right about where it should be then. Nice getting well above rated speeds at stock 1.350v. :)

Attached Files:

Robbo99999, Papusan and Mr. Fox like this.
  6. Raiderman

Raiderman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Update: Cooler Master H500P arrived today, and slapped it together real quick. I have to say it is a nice case, and looks sharp. It has the ability to mount your graphics card sideways, but have not done that yet. So far there is no temperature difference.

20180102_152759.jpg

7. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Looks great! Congrats! :vbthumbsup:

I have the bracket to mount the GPU vertical. It was included with the View 71 case, but I have not wanted to spend the money for the PCI-e x16 riser cable. I'm not sure what, if any, benefit there would be to doing that, and I am not sure if the temps would be better or worse. As it is now, my GPU gets blasted with a constant flow of air on the back plate from the 360mm radiator and mounting it vertically it would receive a lot less air circulation. But, I think it looks like of cool mounted vertically.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    Raiderman likes this.
  8. ajc9988

ajc9988 Death by a thousand paper cuts

Reputations:
    The effects of these major software updates are unknown, though early estimates have placed the performance hit at between 5 and 30 percent, though newer Intel processors do have features that are said to reduce the slowdown. If these reports are true, Intel is in for a lot of trouble. The performance drop will depend on how much tasks depend on kernel access which is where the slowdown will occur.
    https://overclock3d.net/news/cpu_ma...patch_expected_to_have_a_performance_impact/1
    Intel messed up so bad, they have to redesign the Kernel on windows and linux to fix it! 5-30% performance drop if needs to access the Kernel. Says a lot!

@Mr. Fox @Johnksss @Papusan @hmscott @Rage Set @D2 Ultima @Raiderman @bloodhawk

Papusan, D2 Ultima, Rage Set and 3 others like this.
  9. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Started a discussion thread here:

Intel CPU Bug Cannot Be Fixed With Microcode Update | Cripples Performance Up To 30 Percent
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...rmance-up-to-30-percent.812424/#post-10657313

Papusan, Talon, TANWare and 1 other person like this.
  10. ajc9988

ajc9988 Death by a thousand paper cuts

Reputations:
    I put it here also as it may effect some bench scores potentially in the future (plus, the people here can, after a fix is released, let us know the real performance hit). But, might be interesting on how AMD stacks up on some other performance metrics, depending on use (such as VMs) after the fix!