*Official* NBR Desktop Overclocker's Lounge [laptop owners welcome, too]

Discussion in 'Desktop Hardware' started by Mr. Fox, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Want SLI?:D Yeah, its a CPU:confused:

"Intel at the original launch did state that they were using Core-H grade CPUs for the Intel with Radeon Graphics products, which would mean that the CPU portion is around 45W. This would lead to ~55W left for graphics, which would be in the RX 550 level" It's a CPU:rolleyes:

Intel Core i7-8809G "Kaby Lake + Vega" MCM Specs Leaked Again, Indicate Dual IGP

[​IMG]
    Intel with Radeon RX Vega Graphics: Core i7-8809G with 3.1 GHz Base, 100W Target TDP, Overclockable

Edit.
    Intel reveals details of Core i7 8809G proc with Vega M Graphics & standard IGP

"The GPU this is Vega based, and the "Vega RX M GH". What's hilarious is that the processor also holds the standard Intel IGP, an HD 630 and that means this one processor has the two integrated graphics units. Other specs on say compute units etc are not shared, neither is HBM2 memory mentioned. Looking at the fact that this info is shared now, close to CES .. is indicative of an announcement next week. There already have been a number of leaks on what seems to be this Frankenstein CPU/GPU build"
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Wow, looks like a real abortion. Not sure why anyone in their right mind would do something idiotic like this. BGA filth on steroids, in search of stupid suckers that like to waste money on disposable gonad-free tech garbage.

One thing we are missing in social media is a "hate" button. At least YouTube has thumbs down, LoL.

Papusan, Raiderman and KY_BULLET like this.
  3. Raiderman

Raiderman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Mine is little ugly at moment..

would you mind to share your LCD profile?
    Thanks[/QUOTE]

Still working on mine
    Aida g19.jpg

4. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    That keyboard is selling for $399 on Amazon, LOL. If I remember correctly, it was like $160 new while it was still being manufactured.

5. Raiderman

Raiderman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I think I paid $250 for the Microsoft entertainment keyboard 8000 when it first came out.
    23-109-041-02.jpg

Ya, its ridiculous. Ebay is selling them for upwards of $500. I found a manufacture refurb on ebay for $99. Its like brand new. Here is the link if you are interested. Limited quantities left!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-G19s-Gaming-Keyboard-Multi-Key-Wired-Keyboard-Panel-Screen-USB-2-0-Port/372129622467?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

6. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    I wish the new Logitech RGB mechanical keyboards had the LCD display. It's a nice feature to have. My old XPS M1730 had one between the keyboard and display hinges and I always liked it.

Thanks for the link. I am going to have to try hard to resist my gluttonous geek fetish for gadgets. I have like 5 keyboards already and even threw away a couple of expensive keyboards that nobody wanted not too long ago. I could not even give away the Dell wireless BT mouse and keyboard combo and M$ Wireless Elite mouse and keyboard combo that I threw into the garbage. Everyone I offered them to said "no thank you" LOL.

Papusan, aaronne and Raiderman like this.
  7. Raiderman

Raiderman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I know exactly how you feel with your geek fetish....lol. I just couldnt resist the keyboard, as it has been so long since having a desktop, and all the cool stuff that had come out during my hiatus. Gaming laptops are cool and all, but the fun factor is -10 when compared to a desktop. God help me, and my addiction.

Edit: For those looking for some backgrounds, I found these on the net. The problem with these backgrounds, is they are all meant for quad core cpu's. I make my own for 6, and 8 core.

ada64final5rcor.png ada64final5rcor.png ccf6bd34_vbattach19938mzlc.png everest3c4l0x.png ef276566_vbattach1993m1lio.png

Papusan and Mr. Fox like this.
  8. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    LOL. I don't really want to be cured, but I definitely need God's help to not be a slave to it. :vbwink:

$99 is a really good price for that Logitech.

I am really happy with the K95 Gaming RGB keyboard. I wish it did not have the 18 "G-Keys" on the left side. I have no use for them, but it was less expensive than the K95 RGB without them. I like that it is square (no odd shapes) and has a thick anodized aluminum top.

The Gamdias MEK M1 mechanical keyboard that iBUYPOWER included for free with my desktop is also really nice. I also has a metal top plate with a gunmetal finish, but it is only 7-color LED, not customizable RGB. I wish it had configurable RGB. That would make it a lot nicer.

upload_2018-1-2_9-40-5.png

Raiderman likes this.
  9. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Uninstall XTU. Or, at least kill it in the task bar. You cannot have any 3D processes running when you enable/disable K-boost or SLI. It will give you that error every time. Sometimes you will see it if Windows 10 Store app is updating in the background as well.

I say uninstall it simply because there is no reason to use XTU with your amazing ASUS BIOS. XTU is missing too many useful features. XTU does not allow me to adjust BCLK, voltage or memory settings with my ASUS motherboard. It is basically totally worthless. Even the ASUS-branded version of XTU included on the motherboard support CD is totally worthless.

You also have the ASUS AI Suite 3 available, which has way more overclocking features than XTU, including custom fan profiles.

KY_BULLET and Trafficante like this.
  10. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Poke around in the BIOS and make sure onboard audio did not get disabled. There are settings for that.

Also confirm your speakers are plugged into the green 3.5mm jack in back.