*Official* NBR Desktop Overclocker's Lounge [laptop owners welcome, too]

Discussion in 'Desktop Hardware' started by Mr. Fox, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    Papusan and TheDantee like this.
  2. TheDantee

TheDantee Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Authorized to share they are free to public so I would assume so from his website you go through 3 different Captchas with tons of Ads so I figured its less hassle for you guys just to have direct links. Any benchmarks I've posted here or have on 3DMark are run on Lite Plus been running it for almost a year without any issues. I'm not a Fanatic Benchmarker just for fun on new hardware once and then I keep that OC for as long as I own said hardware. Heres some links to my 3D Mark Scores.
    https://www.3dmark.com/hall-of-fame-2/night+raid+3dmark+score+performance+preset/version+1.0 Rank 88
    https://www.3dmark.com/hall-of-fame-2/cloud+gate+3dmark+score+performance+preset/version+1.1 Rank 80
    https://www.3dmark.com/fs/17347801 and https://www.3dmark.com/fs/20452158
    And the Cinebench Score 14.6K at 4.3GHz on a TR 3960X where @Rage Set was getting 15.1K on 44.75. If I pushed up that far I would prob hit a higher score with this OS I may try later.

3. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    Good deal! As we kind of take issue with folks sharing links they are not suppose to share without the owners consent. :)

Nice scores.

Also, you are in the right place to improve on your scores! :)

Rage Set, Papusan and TheDantee like this.
  4. TheDantee

TheDantee Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Completely understandable hence why like you said earlier the newest version he has shared is for donators only which is why I didnt share that link. Curious to see if you guys get an improved score with this version of Windows. Some things still may need tweaked but not as much as stock Windows thats for sure.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Rage Set, Papusan and Johnksss like this.
  5. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    Will give it a try in the near future, that's for sure.

Im curious as well. As quite a few folks in here have streamedline installs as well, but would still need one for Windows 7 though. (Unless you already have it) I think some of your scores would be far higher just running that OS.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    Rage Set and Mr. Fox like this.
  6. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    I went back to our old replies on too low Cpu performance. See here http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...ers-welcome-too.810490/page-626#post-10934165

Was those benches done with the modded Windows builds from Oprekin? From what I understand from your posts, you have used it the last year. My links is from July last year. Thanks

TheDantee, Johnksss and Mr. Fox like this.
  7. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    What are your RAM settings with that run with the 29K score? I have found 3DMark 11 is very RAM speed-hungry and it shows primarily in the Physics and Combined Tests (not much or at all in the others). I have also found certain Windows 7 updates can affect this. If the wrong updates are installed, that 29K Physics score can quickly degrade to a 25K score, just like the Windoze OS X abortion. Interesting what you noted about AIDA64 as well. I have not been able to figure out what the deal is, but if my 3DMark 11 or Fire Strike, or AIDA64, benchmarks are sucky, closing the benchmark and opening it again will sometimes fix the issue. Other times a reboot will fix it. The Fire Strike Physics and Combined tests can be even more buggy than 3DMark 11. If the Fire Strike Physics test doesn't launch at around 145 FPS and the Combined test doesn't start out around 80-85 FPS, you may as well just hit escape and end it right there because the score is going to totally suck.

I can run 4200 on the RAM without issues (but it's 4000 RAM already and not much of an overclock). If you look in the BIOS on the RAM page notes when you move to the field for memory voltage, it states:
    • Memory Voltage: DDR4-3600+ MHz may require 1.450+ V for memory.
    I have found that to be accurate, even when using the XMP-4000 CL19 profile. The stock 1.350V is for the XMP profile, but it works a lot better with 1.450V. When running 4200 with tighter timings, 1.450V is not nearly enough. These Corsair RAM sticks love voltage. They like 1.600V to 1.650V and runs notably better with the higher voltage. My AIDA64 memory benchmark scores go up as the voltage goes above 1.500V on the RAM. If I try to boot 4200 with less than about 1.550V I usually get the "FF" code or one or more of the white LED lights next to the RAM slots turn red and the system won't boot at all because the voltage is too low. It is also worth noting that EVGA says 1.600V is within the "normal" range. I've had some people comment that running the memory voltage that high scares them, but it shouldn't from what I can see.

I can boot at 4400 with 1.600V and all the timing set to "Auto" but I have errors loading Windows. The Boot Manager usually cannot find the \Windows\system32\winload.efi file, and when it does I generally get a "Memory Management" bugcheck code. No amount of voltage or timing tweaks I have found will make 4400 usable.

200218124034.jpg 119-XOC-X004.jpg

Papusan, Johnksss and Rage Set like this.
  8. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    In the picture below.
    200218130219.png

I have noticed those notes, but never really gave them a second thought as I jump right to 1.5V@4000 Mhz. I think it's possible to run higher over clocks with using on 2 sticks, but 3dmark11 wants 4 slots filled.

I just booted 4200 and it ran 3D11 1 times before cutting out.29K, but after that bench kept exiting out. So voltage related, but not a hard lock voltage issue. That was 4200@1.6V. I'll have to go back and see why that is. Normally it's errors all over the place and wont boot windows.

Papusan, Rage Set and Mr. Fox like this.
  9. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    See if either of these will work for you. They won't necessarily pass memory stability tests, but they're usually benchable. Sometimes not with Time Spy, but usually for most other things (for me anyway). Same settings were more stable with the 7960X. Maybe the memory controller was a little stronger on that CPU. But, they do work for my 7980XE as well.

[​IMG]
    Ignore the voltage value on this one. I forgot to change it to 1.550V or 1.600V before taking the screenshot. (The 1T command rate needs 1.650V, 2T does OK with 1.600V or less.)
    [​IMG]

Papusan, TheDantee and Rage Set like this.
  10. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Another thing that also works pretty well for me. Set XMP, then change the speed to 4200. Change the voltage to 1.600V. Then change everything else below that to "Auto" (zero), and let the BIOS train it. If I leave it set to "Manual" it sometimes doesn't work as well as XMP and then manually overriding everything else. Not sure if selecting XMP triggers other changes behind the scenes, like memory training changes, or what. Just an interesting observation for which I do not have a technical explanation for, LOL.

Edit: Here are some more BIOS screenshots from my thumb drive that work pretty well with these sticks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]