*Official* NBR Desktop Overclocker's Lounge [laptop owners welcome, too]

Discussion in 'Desktop Hardware' started by Mr. Fox, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    I spent a couple of minutes find out that you had to disable Systeminfo Hardware monitoring for this trashware. But not for the other machine:rolleyes: Oh'well, $2.99 ain't the big loss.

:hi:
    upload_2019-12-1_9-40-9.png

https://hwbot.org/submission/4293764_papusan_vrmark___orange_room_geforce_gtx_780m_3261_marks
    [​IMG]

https://hwbot.org/submission/4293763_papusan_vrmark___cyan_room_geforce_gtx_780m_468_marks
    [​IMG]

https://hwbot.org/submission/4292935_papusan_vrmark___blue_room_geforce_gtx_780m_605_marks
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    My power readings are off because of the shunt mod. It would be interesting to know just how much it is using since the power draw is under-reported. But, it's definitely sucking down some major juice.

And, this game looks truly amazing with ray tracing. It definitely still has some old school looks to it, but it is absolutely crazy what they have done with it. I still love this game after all these years. Totally a blast to play.

quake000.jpg

Rage Set, Arrrrbol, Papusan and 2 others like this.
  3. iunlock

iunlock 9900K @ 5.5GHz

Reputations:
    "When a classic title with RTX actually makes RTX enjoyable lol."

It was so refreshing to play. I'm really curious about your power draw... hmm do you have a kill-a-watt near by? :)

4. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Yes, I do. Maybe this evening I will plug it in and have a look. I used to have it permanently mounted in view, but haven't figured out where to put it since I moved.

If you want to really go nuts, open the console with the tilde key (~), type GOD and hit enter, then GIVE ALL and hit enter. Press ~ to close the console.

This will make you immortal and give you all weapons and full ammo.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    iunlock, Rage Set and Arrrrbol like this.
  5. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Not too crazy... give or take 700W from the wall.

6. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    Finally got my DP to HDMI adapter. Now I have one HDMI going to TV for 4K 60Hz and DP to HDMI to receiver for audio.

[​IMG]

iunlock, ajc9988, Rage Set and 4 others like this.
  7. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Looking good, bro.

Quake II RTX totally maxes out the 80W power limit of my 2060. Stays pegged at max pretty much the most of the time. Even subtle things like the red lighted ceiling tile reflects off of the metal on the wall. If you look closely you can see the warm orange glow on the wall to the left in the second photo.
    2060nb-a.jpg 2060nb-b.jpg

iunlock, ajc9988, Rage Set and 2 others like this.
  8. Rage Set

Rage Set A Fusioner of Technologies

Reputations:
    After much internal, heated debate, I am going TRX40. I am either going to liquidate my current Zenith Extreme with the 1950X and monoblock to someone that wants it or turn it into another NAS.

jaybee83, ajc9988 and Mr. Fox like this.
  9. ajc9988

ajc9988 Death by a thousand paper cuts

Reputations:
    Nice. I planned on doing a drop in upgrade until the MB news was confirmed. It was going to be the house server/NAS running windows server 2019. But since I couldn't do a drop in upgrade, I bought 8x8tb drives and an HBA (LSI 9207). So that is configured with storage spaces with dual parity now.

Meanwhile, next year is upgrading cell phones (3 phones) and graphics cards (right now using a 980 Ti and have a 1660 for the NAS to use NVENC/NVDEC with Plex, so upgrading those with 7nm GPUs with more power makes sense).

Because of that, I'm waiting for the Zen 4 CPUs or setting if Intel actually pulls a rabbit with 7nm, if they even use it on HEDT chips in 2021. Either way, should be 40-50% IPC jump over the 1950X. But still would have to use two 16-core licenses with a 32-core chip for windows server, so don't know if I'll stick with that or not when I upgrade (or just use one with the 1950X and do win 10 ent as a workstation with Zen 4).

With how much value the AMD CPUs for Zen have lost, it's better to deprecate than liquidate (depending on what you have left in depreciation, depending on characterization). If you build your own, you can often take the tax break in a single year rather than depreciate, but that is a nuanced discussion for another day (subject to business vs personal, etc.).

iunlock and Rage Set like this.
  10. Rage Set

Rage Set A Fusioner of Technologies

Reputations:
    The 1950X is the only CPU that hasn't paid for itself, as it was a personal expense versus my HEDT Intel procs being business expenditures. Hence why I still have my 6950X, 6850K, and 7980XE. My hope was to use the 1950X in my main editing rig for my (startup) YT/Media company. We'll see. Anyway, I'll shut up about that now and go back into hiding. Hahaha.

ssj92, Mr. Fox and ajc9988 like this.