*Official* NBR Desktop Overclocker's Lounge [laptop owners welcome, too]

Discussion in 'Desktop Hardware' started by Mr. Fox, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    Of course an Epic Fail for me bro. Running those high clocks and getting wiped by your stock score. It's hilarious. :D

Screenshot_20190614-223832~2.jpg

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    If it was a legit benchmark it would not say your HTC U11 is "too powerful" for this test. It would just dutifully crunch the numbers without complaining and spit out a proper score based on the numbers it crunched.

Papusan and Rage Set like this.
  3. User32

User32 Toughbook Master Race

Reputations:
    Buildzoid has some 7xxx cards where he's been getting WRs with.

@topic: even more messing about with subtimings, BCLK and RAM speed later:
    [​IMG]

4. Rage Set

Rage Set A Fusioner of Technologies

Reputations:
    I really wish EVGA included a single slot bracket for the Hydro Copper blocks. The blocks are installed and waiting on the last parts to arrive for the loop.

HydrocopperKPX.jpg

Convel, electrosoft, iunlock and 4 others like this.
  5. ajc9988

ajc9988 Death by a thousand paper cuts

Reputations:
    Question, why are you using 37.75 multiplier for CPU? Limitation of your chip? Also, I'm not fully familiar with PBO since gen 1 didn't have it. But isn't there where you can take the limiter off of it and let it boost to your cooling solution?

If you want to get your latency down and raise the cache rates on that test, you are going to have to get your core up. Now, if you have your core OC already but are using lower to try for higher mem OC, then plan on combining them when you find the limits of your ram, that's cool. Step by step and very common way of doing it.

Either way, you def got the mem performance up! Great job there! Can't wait to see your 3466, 3600, and 3733 attempts (you get that last one, you'll be in an elite group on Zen 2, and 3866 is like the top cream and a LOT of luck on your IMC being good). But sometimes you have to loosen timings so much for 3600 and above to be stable on that platform that it is worse than 3466 and tighter timings.

I just hate seeing a zen CPU at under 3.9GHz.

Johnksss and Mr. Fox like this.
  6. User32

User32 Toughbook Master Race

Reputations:
    2600 non-X and I don't need any more performance than what I already have.

7. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    16K TS check:

https://www.3dmark.com/spy/7438595

I hope the FS and TS sample runs we provided to the hwbot team are enough to convince them to let everyone bench their mobile cards against Desktops and get some additional points.

8. ajc9988

ajc9988 Death by a thousand paper cuts

Reputations:
    I knew non-X didn't have XFR, but no PBO. ...

In any case, the CPU is unlocked. Let me know if you change your mind on core OC if you need any assistance.

Prema and Papusan like this.
  9. iunlock

iunlock 9900K @ 5.5GHz

Reputations:
    @Mr. Fox @Johnksss @Prema @Rage Set @Papusan @electrosoft

Regarding the NVIDIA "Super" cards... It's crazy to think how well a shunted 2080Ti FTW3 can do in being within striking range of the KP cards... now if the "supers," get the same quality Samsung mem and a stronger core, then it'll be even closer to the KP's ... The "super," cards are suppose to have more cuda core as well eh?

Also, 9900KF in route...looking forward to testing that... the reviews are a mixed bag, but accordingly to some data it should be able to OC higher at a lower voltage while producing less heat vs the 9900K ... This should cater well to XOC stuff... who know's but we'll see...

Johnksss, Mr. Fox, jaybee83 and 4 others like this.
  10. bennyg

bennyg Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    FWIU it's the R0 stepping that's better than the P0 9900K's not the KF per se. R0 includes new stock of 9900K as well as KF and presumably the KS that is coming which will be all the top bins Intel have been harvesting for however long now.

Silicon Lottery show slightly worse stats according to their binning process for 9900KF against the K...... 31% vs 35% for 5.0ghz, and 4% vs 7% for 5.1ghz (at 1.300V AVX-2)
    https://siliconlottery.com/collections/all