*Official* NBR Desktop Overclocker's Lounge [laptop owners welcome, too]

Discussion in 'Desktop Hardware' started by Mr. Fox, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I just view it as being an unstable product that isn't suitable as a tuning tool. Using it to establish your max stable overclock would be kind of unfortunate, like being limited by the lowest common denominator, when that max stable overclock is higher with everything else that isn't nearly as buggy as Time Spy. It's not just a little bit unstable, but actually quite a lot when a benchmark won't even launch correctly with a memory overclock that runs flawlessly on virtually everything else. You may have noticed that I seldom even make an effort to bench with it because it's a disappointing pile of trash benchmark. I don't waste my time with it very often. Almost everything that uses DX12 is an unstable piece of crap, so it's not just Time Spy (although it's definitely one of the worst examples). The Redmond Retards have had 4 years to iron the kinks out of DX12 and make it a relevant and desirable API... must not be important to them, or they're just too stupid to know how to fix it. This is why most of the AAA game titles that make DX12 available also have a way to disable it. It's not even stable enough to use for playing games at stock clocks more than half the time.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    Papusan and Rage Set like this.
  2. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    Yes, i'm inclined to agree.

@Rage Set
    The strips covering them says iitek

@Mr. Fox
    You're looking at it as benching. You would more than likely need to use only their stress testing tool. Which takes the best over 20 runs.

Papusan and Rage Set like this.
  3. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    But, the end result would only be relevant for Time Spy, and maybe some other similarly buggy DX12 garbage. If you use Time Spy as the standard, then you'd be leaving performance on the table by thinking your "max stable" overclock is limited to what Time Spy and its bugs can tolerate when the max stable overclock for other things is potentially much higher. To do this effectively, you need to establish a "max stable" overclock independently for each benchmark or game title, because one size doesn't fit all sometimes.

Johnksss, Rage Set and Papusan like this.
  4. Rage Set

Rage Set A Fusioner of Technologies

Reputations:
    Before I go overkill. I normally use dual D5 pumps (on all of my client builds) when I watercool two (or more) GPU's in SLI. Do you think I should continue that thought process or go with a single D5 pump? The rad is going to be the single MO-RA 360 Pro (equals three 360 rads) and the two KPx blocks. @Mr. Fox I know you have more experience with Hybro Copper blocks. How restrictive are they compared to other GPU blocks? I do know you use two XSPC D5 pump/res combos, but have you tested your loop with only one? I'm probably over thinking this.

5. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    Okay, let me say it this way.... They have 8 different stress test. So that covers the one size does not fit all. I would also not rely on just one benchmark to as a decision maker in what my card is capable of. Since these benchmarks test different aspects of any part. Although I have found that unstable ram and to high vram over clocks tend to crash Time Spy. Buggy or not.

And as you know, i put everything back to stock once i'm finished. I do not need to overclock to surf the net or play a game, but that's just me. :D

Robbo99999, Mr. Fox and hmscott like this.
  6. Rage Set

Reputations:
    Some of us should keep an eye or two on the development of these products. If they are as good as he states, this could be another cooling weapon.

hmscott and ajc9988 like this.
  7. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    I met 8 Pack also at the Las Vegas Show a while back and he had lot interesting things to say about over clocking in general. A real cool Dude.

Other news....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Rage Set

Reputations:
    Let me know how those pads work out temp wise. I have several packs of Fujipoly Ultra on hand but if they don't make a difference (with your chiller, won't make any difference), I will just use what is provided.

Johnksss likes this.
  9. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    I too have Fujipoly on hand, but the first go round i'm just going to see how well there's performs.

Rage Set likes this.
  10. iunlock

iunlock 9900K @ 5.5GHz

Reputations:
    Wow what a past few weeks it has been..busy busy... Hope all has been well fellas.

The KP Hydro Coppers should be arriving this week. @Rage Set I've found that the stock pads work pretty well with no noticeable difference vs the fujipoly's when running the card really cool according to what I saw from the sensor read outs.

@Johnksss looking nice...all greased up. :)

@Mr. Fox ..finally most of the fam has gone back home lol.. it has been chaos the past week or so, but fun accommodating everyone. My poor chiller and goodies have been very patient lol ... now time to go to work...