*Official* NBR Desktop Overclocker's Lounge [laptop owners welcome, too]

Discussion in 'Desktop Hardware' started by Mr. Fox, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I hope he fights back and gets through it soon.

Prema, Papusan, Johnksss and 2 others like this.
  2. JoeT44

JoeT44 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm so thankful for all you guys and your love and support. This community is like family to me. I did not sleep all night and had the phone by my bedside. I will be going to the hospital this morning. I will keep you updated as I find out exactly what happened. My daughter in law said that they were at a restaurant and he passed out in the restroom and someone found him laying in a pool of blood unconscious. His head hit the floor and he has bleeding in his brain. The doctors said he might have had a stroke and he also has a heart rhythm problem. He's only 52. Ever since he was born he has been a loving and beautiful son to me.

Vasudev, Prema, Rage Set and 5 others like this.
  3. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    That's rough, I don't have any kids & can only imagine what it's like to go through these things, but I wish you all the most fortune and strength in this time.

Vasudev, Prema, Papusan and 2 others like this.
  4. Rage Set

Rage Set A Fusioner of Technologies

Reputations:
    Part One of my newly reformulated 9900K build, featuring the MO-RA3 Pro 360 Rad...coming soon.

JoeT44, Papusan, Convel and 1 other person like this.
  5. JoeT44

JoeT44 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi guys, just an update on Joe Jr.'s condition. When I got to the hospital yesterday morning I was so happy to see him awake and lucid albeit still a little foggy due to the fall. He has no evidence of a stroke and has been moved to a cardiac intensive care unit. He has 2 blood clots in the front of his brain from hitting the back of his head when he fell. The doctors said they would resolve in a couple of weeks. I found out from his wife that in the last month he has passed out at home twice. Thank the Lord that someone was home and he did not hit his head. They are doing a complete and thorough cardiac workup and think he might have a heart electrical problem called Atrial fibrillation. If that proves correct he will have to be on a blood thinner for life. They can not put him on that medication until his blood clots dissolve. I am so grateful and thankful to the Lord that He had mercy on my beloved son and to you fine brothers for your prayers and support. Thank you

6. Temp1234453

Temp1234453 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @Mr. Fox
    I ordered Phobya NanoGrase Extreme.
    Which apply method do you recommend for a (MSI) laptop? Pea? Spread?

Mr. Fox likes this.
  7. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Awesome. Hallelujah! Thanks for the update. I was going to call you today to check the status. That is an answered prayer.
    It doesn't make a lot of difference as long as you get full coverage. I prefer the spread method. On a laptop I also add an extra half-pea-sized dot or thin line down the middle after spreading since fit is generally poor. On my desktop spreading with no extra in the middle is perfect.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    Prema, Papusan, Vasudev and 6 others like this.
  8. Rage Set

Rage Set A Fusioner of Technologies

Reputations:
    That is a huge relief and I pray he continues to a full recovery!

Prema, Johnksss, Papusan and 5 others like this.
  9. iunlock

iunlock 9900K @ 5.5GHz

Reputations:
    Wow I just caught up with all the messages and when I saw yours @JoeT44 I had immediately prayed for you and your family. We'll make sure to keep you all in our prayers for sure. It was great to see the positive update as well. Please keep us posted Brother.

Prema, Mr. Fox, Johnksss and 6 others like this.
  10. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    That's a partial relief! We pray that the clots dissolve magically w/o causing side effects. Blood thining is very risky medication. Let's hope for the best and pray for speedy recovery!