*Official* NBR Desktop Overclocker's Lounge [laptop owners welcome, too]

Discussion in 'Desktop Hardware' started by Mr. Fox, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    It can match when it's just a game benchmark that doesn't push the CPU to it's max, which it wouldn't. So my question still stands. (Sometimes I'm like a gold fish & can't remember things people have told me on forums)

2. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Max temp and Ups load doesn’t match the Cpu wattage. But I haven’t used this bench in long time. And you are not alone regarding remember correct:)

3. Robbo99999

Reputations:
    Yeah, I noticed that, figured the 1080ti at 1.2V would account for the biggest proportion of that, plus that might be driving monitors & other things too. It doesn't matter, I'll wait to hear if Mr Fox clarifies.

KY_BULLET, Papusan and Mr. Fox like this.
  4. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    :vbthumbsup:

:vbthumbsup: The board is real. It's just that that guy does not have one nor would he be getting one either.Unless it's out for purchase. And why post a photo shopped picture as a place holder? That is just plain gay. That's like taking pictures in front of fancy new cars and claiming them as yours so as to get the girl.
    To many people running around here trying to be first to post the news about new products and forget to check if it's actually real. (That's where he failed at)

See upper reply.

As to the bend, you might be able to ask this guy. His bend is pretty close to the base.
    https://twitter.com/primochill

[​IMG]

5. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Well, yes... I am on solar power and the AC power is disabled by the computer controlling the system during peak demand hours (when I ran that benchmark). It was 85°F at the time versus my normal 70°F, which is kind of miserable. But, it was 112°F outside, so I guess it could be a lot worse, LOL. And, 65°C is not exactly what I would consider to be "hot" for 5.2GHz.

Vasudev, Papusan and Robbo99999 like this.
  6. Robbo99999

Reputations:
    Now that watercooling in that JohnKSS post (2 posts above) looks goooooood! I like the smooth bends and the pearlescent like red nature of the liquid (like blood almost) in contrast with the dark black metal.

Vasudev likes this.
  7. Robbo99999

Reputations:
    That is hot, 30 degC room temperature. Is the 107W Package Power accurate though?

8. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Yeah, for a game/game benchmark that is accurate because the CPU isn't really being used much. In fact, 107W is higher than I would normally see when gaming, even at 5.2GHz.

You are referring to the SVID setting, and I have SVID enabled at this time. I don't disable that except for my more extreme benching stuff. In fact, all of the voltage settings in the BIOS are set to "Auto" right now. I only maxed out the power limits and set the multis to 52x6.

Vasudev, Robbo99999 and Papusan like this.
  9. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    I also forgot to mention, in case it was not remembered, the hard mod I did to the GTX 1080 Ti causes the GPU wattage to register a bit less than half what the GPU is drawing. At that level of voltage and core overclock, the GTX 1080 Ti is pulling around 600W. The ~221W showing in HWiNFO64 is not even close to accurate, LOL.

10. Robbo99999

Reputations:
    Amazingly I get the same CPU temperatures as you with my air cooler at the same 107W, if you account for the differences in room temperature between our 2 places (it's 27 degC room temperature here as opposed to 30 degC where you are):
    107W.jpg

(I suppose I should lap my IHS to even up the core temps!)

Vasudev and Mr. Fox like this.