*Official* NBR Desktop Overclocker's Lounge [laptop owners welcome, too]

Discussion in 'Desktop Hardware' started by Mr. Fox, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Ha, it's like case modding but on a larger scale! Good job!

2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Thank you. It will be nice having a place to store all of my junk, LOL.

I'd really like to slap the idiot that thought it would be cute to build a house with angled walls. Opposing corners in my office are like that. What a waste of space. I suppose they thought it would add character, but I think the architect that designed it that way was a character.

Prema, KY_BULLET and Papusan like this.
  3. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    And when you get it. Let us know how it fairs in the real world. :)

Would have liked to test the Titan V, but they didn't have any locally for purchase.

Other news.
    Okay, so just redid my setup
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ajc9988, Prema, Vasudev and 4 others like this.
  4. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Looks awesome. Nice job!

Got the painting and laminate flooring done. Tomorrow, mount the closet door, finish trimwork, and start putting furniture back in the office... finally. Maybe I will actually get to rest this weekend.

5. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    @Mr. Fox
    Thanks!

Say, that office is starting to look totally different. I did not know you had that kind of skill set tucked away.

It is coming along real nice!

Vasudev, Mr. Fox and KY_BULLET like this.
  6. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    so next time folks have a carpentry job to be taken care of, just holler at Fox! make sure to reel him in with expensive/performant computer hardware as payment :p :D

Johnksss, Vasudev, Mr. Fox and 2 others like this.
  7. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Thanks guys. I grew up in a family composed of auto repair and construction business owners, and started learning both trades in kindergarten. By the time I graduated high school I had been doing both for a long time. I used to like both, but got burned out on them since I started so young. I do not enjoy either of those trades now and I pursued a different career path in my early 20's, but it is nice to not have to pay someone to do it.

Almost done. I need to paint the trim and doors, then I can start putting things back. This has been a LONG week, LOL. Hopefully, I will have time for some benching this weekend. Eager to get back to doing something I enjoy. Splinters, cuts, bruises, busted knuckles, sore muscles... not my idea of a good time.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    Robbo99999, Prema, Johnksss and 7 others like this.
  8. CaerCadarn

CaerCadarn Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Okay, have been away for a while. Just to let you know what I'm toying with atm.
    Although hardware is from last gen (6700k, 980ti, 2800mhz RAM) I'm running my CPU at a healthy 5Ghz overclock 24/7, didn't bother to oc RAM and GPU.
    Right now I'm reviving my good ol' Aquabook with internal water cooling. Will post some pics soon. Got a 3920xm ES, but with locked BIOS I have doubts to unlock the whole potential (Dell Inspiron 17R SE). [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A5010 mit Tapatalk

9. spektykles

spektykles Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi, Im using an Dell laptop with 7700HQ and 2x8GB OEM Hynix 1R A-die SODIMM. Recently I overclocked and tuned my sticks to 3000MHz 18-19-19-43 @ 1.2V (not much out of this cheap **** but still better than stock 2400 CL17). My sticks passed 150% Memtest and daily driver tasks okay. But it would crash after I played some heavy games for about 15mins. Dig deep into it and I found out my sticks cant handle the heat up to 75 celcius (laptop nowaday placing RAM too close to CPU), went back to 2400 and its fine although still too hot. Anybody facing the same issue when temp affecting RAM stability? And what can I do to reduce the effect?
    Oh and Im going to buy some higher rated ram at 2666V or 3200AA but IDK if the 2666/3200 profiles is XMP or just normal SPD profile, if anyone using it please share your stick profiles. Thanks

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    Robbo99999 and jaybee83 like this.
  10. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I don't think Dell laptops support XMP. Best option is to use Kingston HyperX Impact which has XMP like speeds at stock JEDEC specs which deliver XMP like speeds at stock settings.
    As for desktop setup, GSkill, Kingston and corsair are the ones to choose. Good luck in RAM OC.