*Official* NBR Desktop Overclocker's Lounge [laptop owners welcome, too]

Discussion in 'Desktop Hardware' started by Mr. Fox, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on Filthy

Reputations:
    Yep, and the trend will continue... http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...and-liquid-metal.806840/page-75#post-11120201

<Yep, this is quite common in today's tech (dishonest and/or want to please the {noobs} average Joe with an easier application - the thin trend)>

--------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]
    SiSoftware Compiles Early Performance Preview of the Intel Core i9-12900K techpowerup.com

It's not every day that a software company that specializes in benchmarking software decides to compile the performance data of unreleased products found in their online database, but this is what SiSoftware just did for the Intel Core i9-12900K. So far, it's a limited set of tests that have been run on the CPU and what we're looking at here is a set of task specific benchmarks. SiSoftware doesn't provide any system details, so take these numbers for what they are.

The benchmarks consist of three categories, Vector SIMD Native, Cryptographic Native and Financial Analysis Native. Not all tests have been run on the Core i9-12900K and SiSoftware themselves admit that they don't have enough data points to draw any final conclusions. Unlike other supposedly leaked benchmark figures, the Core i9-12900K doesn't look like a clear winner here, as it barely beats the AMD Ryzen 9 5900X in some tests, while it's beaten by it and even the Core i9-11900K in other tests. It should be noted that the Core i9-11900K does use AVX512 where supported which gives it a performance advantage to the other CPUs in some tests. We'll let you make up your own mind here, but one thing is certain, we're going to have to wait for proper reviews before the race is over and a winner is crowned.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Sources: SiSoftware, via @TUM_APISAK

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
  2. tps3443

tps3443 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I’m excited for this Z590 Dark Motherboard to arrive!! It matches my 3090 Kingpin Hydro Copper incredibly well.

I have always loved the way this board looked. And I really just needed a solid excuse to buy one.

Evga failed to include the “VCCIO AUX” as an existing voltage item in the bios update for Z490 Dark KP 2.01 Rocket lake 11th Gen CPU’s.

This option circled in red is totally missing on my Z490 Dark KP W/ Rocket Lake bios. Which is exactly why I am struggling so badly to get any memory speeds beyond 3,100 Gear 1/ Or 4267 Gear 2.

Anyways, this Z590 looks awesome. I guess Evga is using this new styling with all future boards. The X570 Dark looks very very similar. I love the massive VRM copper heatsinks, and the large flat black chipset/m.2 heatsink. This motherboard appears even wider than the Z490 Dark. However, I’m not certain of that.. The Evga X570 Dark is probably one of the nicest looking boards I have seen. And the Z590 Dark is a very close 2nd.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
    Ashtrix, electrosoft, Mr. Fox and 3 others like this.
  3. Talon

Talon Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    You definitely need access to those voltages if you want to push the memory, especially in Gear 1. It's interesting how EVGA just abandoned Z490 for 11th gen. I would personally reach out to them and ask for them to expose those voltage controls and better support for 11th gen after paying so much for that Z490 in the first place. Every other OEM provided updates and 11th gen was running flawlessly on my Z490 Asus board.

Ashtrix, electrosoft and Papusan like this.
  4. Rage Set

Rage Set A Fusioner of Technologies

Reputations:
    pathfindercod and Papusan like this.
  5. Rage Set

Rage Set A Fusioner of Technologies

Reputations:
    electrosoft and Papusan like this.
  6. Ashtrix

Ashtrix ψυχή υπεροχή

Reputations:
    Apparently EVGA X570 DARK dropped USB-C 20gbps (usb 3.2 gen 2x2) port feature (as per EVGA folks). It's 10gbps only, usb3.1 gen 2 (marketing materials show it as 20gbps speed). Z590 DARK got 20gbps this is about rear I/O btw.

I wonder what was the reason to do so... AMD X570 chipset and Ryzen 5000 processors, they have insane I/O one thing that RKL misses out vs X570 is direct USB ports from CPU and do not choke the PCH/Chipset link speed, even if AMD has PCIe4.0x4. Intel 11th gen got DMI 3.0x8 which is basically same as AMD but still with a good amount of storage and I/O the link will get choked of bandwidth

(Side note - And possibly these CPU only USB ports exhibit the USB drop outs ?, iirc X570 chipset ones do not, please correct if I'm wrong @electrosoft )

So EVGA is deliberately not going with those CPU direct USB on this motherboard I presume to avoid the USB issue ? Just a random guess. Looking at X570 DARK rear I/O it's just 2xUSB3.0 ports and 4xUSB type-A 10gbps (usb3.1 gen2) and 1xUSB-C 10gbps (usb3.1 gen2). Meanwhile MSI X570S Ace Max (this board also packs 8xSATA, like X570 DARK but gets that USB 20gbps too with ASMedia controller and removes one LAN port vs 2 on DARK) & ASUS both companies have 12 ports on their boards, matches AMD specs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    electrosoft and Papusan like this.
  7. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    That is entirely possible. The only times I have any USB drop-out problem with my mobo is when I have the CPU under severe stress and a heavy overclock, like Cinebench or wPrime 1024m. It does not happen during normal use with the exception of when I am powering on the system. Sometimes I can't get into the BIOS or select the OS in my multi-boot system. More annoying than that issue is that I can almost never turn my system on after it is turned off all night. I have to turn the PSU off and on again before it will power on, and it won't properly enter POST until I turn the PSU on and off a second time. The mobo just shows 0B Q-code. Once it does boot I have to press F1 to enter the BIOS, then F10 to save and exit. No need to alter any settings, just jump through these annoying hoops. Then everything is back to normal. This happens almost every time it has been turned off.

Sometimes when running an abnormally stressful CPU load the keyboard and mouse disconnect and my external USB HDD that I use to for storage to dump large files like programs and drivers on drops out. When the stress ends they usually reconnect. Thankfully, it does not happen all the time, just randomly. If I were to guess maybe a few times every week, but not daily or more frequently. It is still crazy annoying and it sucks that AMD released a product with such a glaring defect and hasn't fixed it. The behavior seems almost like power to the ports is disconnected. So, maybe EVGA actually knows something about the situation and intentionally omitted a flawed "feature" so it does not become a source of irritation.
    Nice run, bro. What is the "MPT" tool you mention?

8. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    More Power Tool, software to allow more power allowance, among other changes to the card on a software level.

You can also import MPT profiles into cards that dont check for signed vBIOS's which from my understanding is all of them except for Gigabyte and Asus cards.

This can also be done with Red Bios Editor or RBE for short. RBE and MPT are what allow for customization and tailored performance profiles for AMD side of things. I use them with my AMD 5700 XT's and AMDmemorytweak for my Vega 56's which allow for the same level of performance for what I do with them.

9. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    tps3443, Ashtrix, Clamibot and 4 others like this.
  10. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    I'll truly start laughing if by the time you actually retire that system some enthusiasts with too much time on their hands figure out a way to install another 4c/8t CPU in the unused MXM slot lmao

ssj92, Tenoroon, Clamibot and 3 others like this.