*Official* NBR Desktop Overclocker's Lounge [laptop owners welcome, too]

Discussion in 'Desktop Hardware' started by Mr. Fox, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Rage Set

Rage Set A Fusioner of Technologies

Reputations:
    I am running all four at CL14 at 3866. I haven't tested them at 4000 yet. I am currently testing my 11900K/Asus Strix 3090 White Edition against my 5950X/6800 XT in terms of RAM overclocking. Although it isn't fair as those sticks of RAM I got from you beat almost all of the RAM I have except for the Royal Z 4800.

As a side note, overclocking the RAM on this Asus Z590 Hero board is different...not in a good way.

jc_denton, Mr. Fox and Papusan like this.
  2. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    Im still of the mindset for PSU's that brands are useless.

Every unit must be looked at as an individual product because until you do you have no idea what the OEM is, if that OEM is supplying the entire product line or just segments or just filling in for a price range.

Maybe Im just "old school", but I havent seen any reason to adjust that mindset.

Papusan and electrosoft like this.
  3. electrosoft

electrosoft Perpetualist Matrixist

Reputations:
    WHOA that looks absolutely gorgeous......damn.

jc_denton and Mr. Fox like this.
  4. SierraFan07

SierraFan07 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Couldn't agree more on your social media stance, both in your general disregard for the platforms as well as your sentiment regarding companies using these platforms as replacements for actually communicating directly with customers. Plus, I got an excellent laugh at the last line of your first paragraph.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Papusan and Mr. Fox like this.
  5. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    In case you did not already know it, Thaiphoon Burner works excellent on Ryzen platforms. I confirmed this with Mr. Vitality and got a license for my new system. Once you get your preferred manual memory settings dialed in, you can read from the current DRAM controller settings to program the BIOS values to XMP profile 2. You will still need to manually set some power limits, gear, power down, etc. in the BIOS because those are not part of an XMP profile. Newer Intel systems do not allow reading from the DRAM controller settings.

I also added a serial number for each module and production week/year because most memory OEMs are sloppy and leave informational data fields blank in the SPD.

upload_2021-9-14_22-31-26.png

upload_2021-9-14_22-9-23.png

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021 at 1:34 AM
    jc_denton, Papusan, Rage Set and 3 others like this.
  6. Talon

Talon Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Having a bit of an issue gents. 11900K no longer able to hold 3733 Gear 1 without BSOD in Warzone. It happens almost immediately. Happened across multiple BIOS, including the latest beta from Asus with new uCode.

Happened with my old 4x8gb kit. Grabbed a new 2x16gb 4000 CL14 kit and same thing. So now I am down to it's either the board or the CPU. I am leaning towards a **** IMC from the beginning just completely degrading. But even this seems odd as my voltage was never above 1.28v on both VCCSA and VCCIO Mem. VCCIO was stock. I put these on AUTO just to test and even with the ridiculous voltages it still eventually BSOD. Lower ram speed to 3466 brings back stability. 3600Mhz also crashed with BSOD which is just insane. I should note BSOD also occurred on desktop a few times when just browsing Chrome.

Things I've tried:

CLR CMOS
    Optimized Defaults and retune
    Stock CPU with just XMP
    Stock CPU with manually set tune
    Overclocked CPU with XMP and manual tune
    Underclocked CPU with XMP and manual tune
    BIOS Updates
    Swapped old ram back in and same results of BSOD at 3733

Am I correct in thinking this is the IMC? Possible motherboard?

EDIT: After further tinkering it seems that unless I set 100:133 option to Auto it will BSOD, but on Auto it seems to again be working fine at 3733 CL14. So odd.

EDIT 2: After more testing the system was still unstable and crashing in Warzone with BSOD. Fresh OS wipe has completely cleared it up. Seems my 2 year old OS install was corrupt or bad driver somewhere.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021 at 10:33 AM
  7. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Nice. +1000$ cards (MSRP is something from the past) is soon not good enough (3080@10GB). Nice move from Nvidia to cut on cost to push you faster on next gen cards:D 10GB vram was enough for the miners.

Deathloop in the test: game review and conclusion computerbase.de

In addition, Deathloop requires a lot of graphics card memory - very, very much. For example, the 10 GB of the GeForce RTX 3080 is the absolute minimum for Ultra HD with full texture quality, but it is far from optimal. After a long gaming session, the graphics card stalls a bit, especially with ray tracing. And if even one graphics option is adjusted from within the game, the frame rate is completely on the ground. Life is much more relaxed at 16 GB, so there were no more problems during the test.
    Yep, pretty disgusting! I can't grasp that ordinary people (I don't talk about those that need it in business) want to be a part into this.

Report: Facebook Has a VIP Program That Basically Allows Celebs to Avoid Moderation
    The social media giant apparently has a secret program that allows America's rich and famous to flout its rule system.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021 at 12:23 PM
    jc_denton, Mr. Fox, Clamibot and 3 others like this.
  8. Talon

Talon Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Well then my 24gb 3090 will be just fine :)

jc_denton, electrosoft and Papusan like this.
  9. pathfindercod

pathfindercod Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Got another EVGA Elite notification for a 3090 ftw3 ultra. Anyone wants it let me know and ill order it. My cost plus shipping to you.

jc_denton, Mr. Fox, Papusan and 2 others like this.
  10. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    How much are they charging for those things?