*Official* NBR Desktop Overclocker's Lounge [laptop owners welcome, too]

Discussion in 'Desktop Hardware' started by Mr. Fox, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Tenoroon

Tenoroon Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Alright, I've been trying to break the 4710mq CBR15 HWBOT record for a few hours now, and can't get anything higher than a score of 720 (729 is the record :(.) The fastest I can get my FSB clock to go is 102.00mhz before everything in the BIOS starts freezing. I noticed the DMI/PEG Ratio option in the BIOS, and have 0 clue what it does, can someone explain what it does and if it can help me?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ashtrix, electrosoft and jc_denton like this.
  2. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Damn, I need to grow up, but there's not a whole lotta time left.....having no kids is some independence, not sure it's worth the trade off!

On seperate topic, tech is so slow nowadays with ridiculous pricing & availability, still in a queue since last Sept or Oct or something & still no GPU at my door....I think this gen is dead for my chances of that 3080, and to be honest I'm not sure I want it anymore....in fact I'll probably just hold on until the company admit that they aren't gonna be honouring their orders....gives them some payback and maybe they'll offer a sweetener. Nothing for me to talk about in my PC tech, still rocking my 6700K & GTX 1070!

jc_denton, Ashtrix, Tenoroon and 4 others like this.
  3. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Crypto is falling off a cliff, prices are in a free fall, you might be able to get one for a decent price in a couple-few months if it doesn't recover.

4. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    Prices may be in freefall but my average per day earnings only took a small dip, if China is indeed out then its just better for everyone else that is still mining.

Time will tell, hope prices do come down though, its been hell on the regular consumer

Mr. Fox, Papusan and Tenoroon like this.
  5. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Profitability is way down from what it was unless they massively tweaked gas prices and difficulty again to compensate.

EDIT: yeah they are trying to keep it up.. but it's going to go down further hopefully.

Proof-of-stake can't come fast enough.

[​IMG]

Robbo99999, electrosoft and Reciever like this.
  6. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    Yeah the Merge is still projected to be end of the year though knowing how projects can be it wouldnt surprise me to see it Q1 2022.

Though the only thing that will change is the hype behind Ethereum as its currently understood right now, there are many other coins of which Nvidia doesnt nerf like ERGO, RVN, ETC just to the name the common ones. That all being said Im quite the laymen so assume anything I say on GPU mining with many many * lol

Edit: etc is already nerfed as well

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
    Spartan@HIDevolution likes this.
  7. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on Filthy

Reputations:
    And AMD follow same paths.
    AMD Adrenalin 21.6.1 graphics driver is available for download - no more Windows 7 drivers

Support for Windows 7 and some older graphics cards was discontinued with the Adrenalin 21.6.1 graphics driver. The last driver provided for this is the adrenaline 21.5.2 More about this here . For Windows 10 with older cards, the 21.5.2 legacy driver has now been added.

R9 Fury was released in 2015. 6 years is too short to Kill it. Make rebadged cards is a nasty thing. They will follow same life cycle and become EOL much faster equal the older gen cards

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
    Ashtrix and Spartan@HIDevolution like this.
  8. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    They are all participants accomplices in the Digi-Nazi orgy of filth. Any notion that AMD is less corrupt or might rise to a higher decency plane than Micro$lop, Intel or NVIDIA is simply childish foolishness. They are just another ugly gangster family in the technology cartel.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    Papusan likes this.
  9. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on Filthy

Reputations:
    Nvidia search a new harbour after the Mining boom seems to slow down. Why bother with gamers? They can just try retail stores while the Internet Cafes can make preorders. Probably a good way to try keep the prices well above MSRP.

A significant increase in the supply of the second revision of GeForce RTX 3060 is now expected by the end of this month. NVIDIA’s focus is reportedly on the Internet Cafes specifically, which have seen a decline of customers due to the pandemic. Internet Cafes have always been very popular in China. In fact, many domestic board partners even have dedicated series for Cafes, which are often sold in bulk and without fancy packaging.

According to the post from Board Channels forums, Internet Cafe owners can now make preorders for RTX 3060 graphics cards, which would be ready to ship around July 10th. Board partners can now accept deposits on new orders, which is a sign that the supply is clearly coming.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 (LHR) production ramping up, supply to increase in July videocardz.de

hfm and Mr. Fox like this.
  10. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    Except Internet cafes are really not interested in 3060's for those machines. Im fairly certain the 1050Ti and non Ti cards were the targets last go around and that was because A. Esports games run on a potato and MMORPG's are mostly the same, save for a few outliers. Why target a card that is 100w more? If they are a small shop with just 20-30 machines that means they are looking at 2000w-3000w to essentially keep doing what they did the day before.

Im not omniscient, but with my current understanding of things to say the least I am a bit puzzled by this...

hfm, Rage Set, Papusan and 1 other person like this.