*Official* NBR Desktop Overclocker's Lounge [laptop owners welcome, too]

Discussion in 'Desktop Hardware' started by Mr. Fox, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Kana Chan

Kana Chan Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    That's a pretty nice idea for the pump/vacuum.

Papusan and Mr. Fox like this.
  2. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    MC=B0
    210615082314.jpg

3. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    That's pretty interesting. I've not had any issues with leaks, but eliminating the possibility of them that way is pretty cool.

Rage Set, Johnksss and Papusan like this.
  4. electrosoft

electrosoft Perpetualist Matrixist

Reputations:
    Outside of that 5.2 V/F, that's right in line with an SP85 5.3 @ ~1.458. With your cooling (both D2D and Bench), it will be interesting to see where you take it for full stability runs and bench-a-palooza.

jc_denton, Papusan and Mr. Fox like this.
  5. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    The bar just keeps getting lower and lower, LOL. If it is slower than the Intel iGFX, what's the point?

jc_denton and Papusan like this.
  6. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    For Ryzen system owners I assume. AMD desktop CPUs don’t have an iGPU.

7. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on Filthy

Reputations:
    Gt 730 have a better value than this, LOOL
    I wainting this one for the test bench. My son wanted check out the worst of the worst:D
    upload_2021-6-17_0-52-0.png

I wonder how many cards Nvidia sold directly to the miners right before the cards was released to the gamers. As well the AIB partners. Great workmanship, to push the prices well over MSRP.

Miners bought 25 percent of all graphics cards in the first quarter of 2021 sweclockers.com

There is a shortage of computer components of several kinds, especially graphics cards. The lack of graphics cards is attributed to several reasons, among them of course the currently infamous circuit shortage, the corona pandemic and an increase in the mining of cryptocurrencies. The sky-high demand has caused prices to skyrocket and led to record figures for both AMD and Nvidia .

A recent report from Jon Peddie Research specifically analyzes the impact of cryptocurrencies in relation to sales figures. During the first quarter of 2021, it is estimated that 25 percent of all graphics cards from partner manufacturers (AIB) have gone to miners. This is equivalent to approximately 700,000 graphics cards worth $ 500 million.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
  8. tps3443

tps3443 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Hey everyone I have finally had some time today for actual stability testing my setup today (Since going direct die)

Just wondering here, but my (2) 8 pin power cables for my CPU are reaching 73C during realbench 2.56.

Is that normal? I know I am
    pulling gobs of power. This is only 4.8Ghz with no AVX offsets at all. Using (32) GB of ram setting in realbench 2.56.

I thought that was pretty hot for a rubber cable lol.

Anyways, Full 4.8Ghz AVX passed with 32GB of ram usage. Hottest core was 82C, it is 76F/24C inside of my house right now(So its actually hot inside my house, being summer time. I let it go for 30 minutes with full ram usage. I didn’t feel like starting any fires today.

I cannot run more than 4.8Ghz/0AVX in realbench without getting power shut downs.

Anyways, I am just blown away that this thing passed at full 4.8Ghz in Realbench with 32GB ram usage. That’s insane! It’s hot in my house too.. And it just rolled right through it. My core temps are very low, I just have 1 core that hits 82C. While the others kinda hang out in the mid 70’s. I feel like I could easily manage a full 4.9Ghz with no AVX offsets and be 100% stable in realbench, but I get hard power shutdowns.. I feel as if I am hitting a overload protection or something though, once I start stressing that 4.9-5.0Ghz with AVX intensive loads (power shut downs). Not sure what to do, I have tried different bios with no luck. Even with a cool CPU, the current draw of full AVX 4.9Ghz is just too extreme I suppose.

Obviously other apps are stable at 4.9Ghz or even 5Ghz while running easier stuff like R15/R20/ (and even in R23! Beating down even a Threadripper 2990WX lol)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
    Ashtrix, electrosoft, Papusan and 3 others like this.
  9. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on Filthy

Reputations:
    Weaker Cpu but better graphics result put it in front:)

https://hwbot.org/submission/476876...__extreme_hd_graphics_520_(mobile)_2499_marks
    [​IMG]

https://hwbot.org/submission/4768225_papusan_vrmark___orange_room_hd_graphics_520_(mobile)_641_marks
    [​IMG]

https://hwbot.org/submission/4768226_papusan_3dmark___sky_diver_hd_graphics_520_(mobile)_3732_marks
    [​IMG]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

You Can’t Get An AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT Liquid Cooled Graphics Card Because It’s Only For System Integrators

If you were looking forward to buying an AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT LC graphics card, AMD is the bearer of bad news for you. AMD will only be making a small amount of these graphics cards available to system integrators.

If you want to get an AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT Liquid Cooled graphics card, you are going to have to buy a prebuilt and take the card out. While this decision does prevent miners and scalpers from getting the card, it also prevents enthusiasts from getting the card. AMD have essentially solved one problem by creating another one.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
  10. Rage Set

Rage Set A Fusioner of Technologies

Reputations:
    One of my cards has a new home, perhaps, this weekend the KP will make an appearance on the NBR marketplace. Now I will go back to playing the OG Max Payne with the Strix 3090....yes it is way overkill.

jc_denton, Ashtrix, Mr. Fox and 4 others like this.