*Official* NBR Desktop Overclocker's Lounge [laptop owners welcome, too]

Discussion in 'Desktop Hardware' started by Mr. Fox, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Have you seen the DimasTech benches? I stumbled across them at ModMyMods web site the other day totally by accident. They have all sorts of brackets and accessories you can buy for them. I like the black EasyXL the best. Search https://modmymods.com/ for DimasTech and it will pull up all the stuff. You can even buy stuff like rear panel IO brackets, PSU and drive cages, mobo trays and PCI slot brackets to build you own custom bench or case.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. electrosoft

electrosoft Perpetualist Matrixist

Reputations:
    Rage Set likes this.
  3. Rage Set

Rage Set A Fusioner of Technologies

Reputations:
    I love it! It would definitely be the new home to my X299 Dark.

I'm currently building several PC's, most for clients. 10900KF build with 3090, 10850K build with 3090, and my personal All AMD build. I don't think any of them would want a testbench but I'm going to get one and retire my Wetbench. I'm going to have to mod it and source a USB-C port.

4. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    I'd love to see your mini-review after you get one. I really like the looks of it. It seems to be well made and nicely appointed in terms of brackets and what-not.

I noticed that the rear PCI-e bracket was installed backwards, LOL. Whomever assembled it for photos wasn't paying attention. The flush side should be toward the GPU/PCI-e card with the top lip for the thumbscrews facing away from the cards and mobo.

upload_2021-3-16_15-48-16.png

Do you need something like this? I have one with a 90° angle on the motherboard end like the Amazon link.

https://modmymods.com/modmymods-usb...back-panel-extension-cable-40cm-mod-0293.html

https://www.amazon.com/LINKUP-Motherboard-Extension-Key-Connector/dp/B085J2B35K
    (shorter cable) https://www.amazon.com/LINKUP-Motherboard-Extension-Key-Connector/dp/B085J2NPYP?th=1

Also, FYI... I found all of the 2020 extruded aluminum quad track square bar stock and brackets, fittings, etc. on Amazon to custom fab a frame chassis like I have on the little binning bench. I was thinking about building a really big sucker out of that material for the Z490 Dark so I was looking for the rear PCI-e bracket and that is how I stumbled onto the DimasTech bench. I starting adding this stuff to a list for later. As I was researching this, I see it is most commonly used for building large 3D printers and framework for things like server racks and large bitcoin mining systems. @Johnksss

upload_2021-3-16_15-52-15.png

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
    Papusan and Rage Set like this.
  5. Rage Set

Reputations:
    The Aorus Xtreme has a type-c header, so I think the connector from the modmymods and the one you have will work. I will have to create an open near the USB openings near the front of the bench.

Papusan and Mr. Fox like this.
  6. Rage Set

Reputations:
    BTW, you are one step closer to Fox Rox Test Benches Inc. hahaha. ;)

Clamibot, Papusan and Mr. Fox like this.
  7. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Yes, it will work perfectly for that. Here is how mine is hooked up. Small L-bracket attached to an empty screw hole, so nothing fancy.
    USB-C.jpg
    Got to love that awesome Arizona dust on everything, LOL.
    That could be a fun money-making hobby/side business, building custom test benches and server racks.

Side note: NiceHash's prediction was really close. First week of part-time mining hit $125 in BTC.
    upload_2021-3-16_16-58-27.png

8. Rage Set

Reputations:
    Are you mining with the CPUs too? Your office must be a sauna.

I mined during the 2017/2018 crypto boom/bust cycle. So now I just buy. I'm a slightly early adopter of Bitcoin. I love the technology behind crypto and blockchain will become a major benefit to us all. Like all early technology, greed is what pushes it forward first. The innovation is when the second group enters the industry and actually produces products that benefit everyone. That is all I have to say about it.

Papusan, Mr. Fox and Clamibot like this.
  9. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Yes, I am mining with CPU and GPU on all three systems. It is a little bit toasty, but not crazy hot. I have a ceiling fan and two portable fans going, plus I have the window open and it's about 60°F right now. What is interesting is memory is what gets the hottest. GPU and system memory both get warmer than anything I have ever experienced in terms of memory temperatures. The CPU and GPU cores are not very warm at all, but both types of memory run about 30°C warmer than I have ever seen them get doing anything else.

The systems have been mining continuously for like 5 days without interruption (I even use the smaller desktop for work all day while it is mining, LOL) and neither of the desktop CPUs has exceeded 70°C. The turdbook has been hovering around 85-90°C for days, but that's actually not abnormal for a chintzy piece of crap like that. It runs that temperature constantly when doing anything other than web browsing or email.

The VRAM on the 3090 gets the hottest, but it's running 21.1GHz continuously.

jc_denton, Papusan and Rage Set like this.
  10. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Yeah, it's totally stupid at the moment, I think 2021 is gonna be a joke, 2022 might be better.