*OFFICIAL* M18x Owner's Lounge Thread

Discussion in 'Alienware 18 and M18x' started by BatBoy, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peppergrass

peppergrass Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi guys,

I was looking around for used M18 because I need one now to play Diablo 3 with my brother, I cannot wait for the R2 as I promised I would be there to play on the 15th..

so I'm here to ask you guys if this is a good deal to buy? I asked him if he would lower the price at all with the new Ivy being released, and the M18 being a R2 now......

here is the link

I guess I figured to try and get some good parts, yes I know overkill for Diablo, but I'm sure I will play some games here and there, and thought what is the point of pay 2,500 then 500 more for better parts ( CPU.. SSD..)

Also I am open to if anyone knows of a good deal, I am looking for high end CPU, and SSD, would like the 580's, but 6990 I will not complain.

thank you guys for any help, or thought, much appreciated..

2. alienwolf

alienwolf Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Depends on how bad you want one, I think it is over priced since I paid 2400.00 for mine on the Outlet with a coupon. That was not long after they came out. I would try to shop around a little more for a better deal.:cool:

3. peppergrass

Reputations:
    ^ wow. thanks for the info

I am not sure I've seen one for that low, with your stuff. Most on ebay are around 3-4k with your options..

I looked on dell, but no 18's at all..

thanks again

4. MartinReyes

MartinReyes Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    There are m18x's, they're just being hoarded by scripters. They keep the m18x's in their carts so nobody else can get them and then buy them when a coupon hits.

5. peppergrass

Reputations:
    ^ I see, thanks

well, looks like I'm out of luck on that.

any other suggestions guys? I really need to pick one up soon, like before May 5th.

do you guys think the announcement of Ivy and the "whole revision 2" is gonna discount prices at all?

6. ahmadmud

ahmadmud Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I am having problems connecting an external optical mouse to my m18x. All USB ports are working fine and they all show the "Device installed Correctly" message when connecting an external mouse, but with all the mouses I've tried, none of them work on this laptop, but they work with other laptops.
    -----------------------
    never mind, it was a problem due to motion joy drivers.....

7. martymo1989

martymo1989 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I need serious help, my 11 day old m18x just crashed 4 times in 30 minutes. I tried calling alienware tech support and they connected me to a line that didnt pick up, does anyone know a reliable person I can email/talk to who works for dell that can get this sorted?

8. ahmadmud

ahmadmud Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    by crashed do you mean you are getting BSODs?

9. Syndrohm

Syndrohm Newbie

Reputations:
    Greetings Peppergrass! I was in the same boat as you and getting really frustrated with the laptops in the outlet disappearing thanks to all the scripters. If you are looking to get an M18X R1 at a really good deal then call them up, I believe the number is (866) 492-6721, they had access to systems I had never seen and I sat for a few days straight with the M18x outlet page on auto refresh every five seconds. On top of that Dell has a deal going until 5/4/12 @ 11:59pm for 20% off any Alienware laptop or desktop from the outlet. (Coupon Code = JG3KLZBGNCM41X) I ordered mine today and saved over $500. Plus they always give free 3-5 day shipping so it will arrive in plenty of time for Diablo 3! Hope that helps you get your beast!

10. TheBluePill

TheBluePill Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Dies dell actually remove those parts from inventory when they are in the cart??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.