*OFFICIAL* M11xR1 Owners Lounge - Part 4

Discussion in 'Alienware M11x' started by steveninspokane, Feb 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ash626

ash626 Newbie

Reputations:
    ok guys im just wondering on the battery life,
    is it 6 hours+ in integrated graphics with the power mode on high performance or on power saver?

2. nuke737

nuke737 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    6 hours ish on Balanced for me. 2nd bar brightness and wireless thingys on. LEDs off.

3. nightkiller

nightkiller Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi guys...i get only abt 4.5 hrs on Battery for my m11x with iphone tethering,MSN,Microsoft Office and some web surfing. Is that considered ok? Brightness of screen is 2Bars

4. RAQemUP

RAQemUP Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Sounds about right. You are charging your phone while tethering from it after all. Power drain right there.

5. jsgiv

jsgiv Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yeah - same thing happened with me (ordered first wave - received in 2 weeks - first unit had dust particles in the screen - Tech showed up with replacement screen - scratched the casing while installing and the replacement screen had the gap issue). I then had 2 replacement orders initiated/waited on/cancelled for a total wait of about a month. At that point I just called and RMA'd the unit (this past week).

I guess I may be a glutton for punishment - I've re-ordered a new unit as of yesterday (called and got a pretty decent deal through my EPP along with the extra "complaints" - total of almost $220 off this time). We'll see what happens with the new unit. If it still exhibits any of the reported issues (Gap, BSOD, Fan (although this one didn't bug me as much as others)) - it'll be immediately returned and I'll either be waiting on the refresh later this year - or looking at other laptops that may fit in the same "category" (which currently NONE do not).

All said and done - I *really* like the unit (obviously) as I had the opportunity to really get to use it while waiting on the replacement units to ship. I also took the opportunity during this time period to see if there was anything even closely resembling this unit. The Sony Z is the *closest* to this - and it's almost $1000 more, otherwise - there's absolutely nothing out there that even comes close in comparison.

There are a few on the horizon (i.e. Acer / Asus) - but it's questionable as to when those are even going to be released any time soon... (at least in the US). And even then - I've had even worse support experiences with Acer. Asus - I've never used/owned before - though I've heard good things about them - which would put them at the top of the list assuming I have to return the new unit yet again (albeit a slightly larger form factor which is a pretty big negative for what I'm looking for in purchasing the M11x).

6. KSSR1211

KSSR1211 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    JSGIV I agree with you that the form factor is what is one of the best features of m11x small enough with enough battery life and power when you need it.

I will give it this one last try but if they cancel the order again this puppy is being rma'ed .

7. impruv

impruv Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I get about 8 hours on level2 brightness; wifi on; lights off; 1 hour of music; a little bit of youtube and msn/websurfing
    :) I'm happy. It matches my previous netbook in battery life but much faster :D

8. Jay662

Jay662 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just a question for the UK users. I am getting prepared to order the laptop in the next weeks.

Has anyone had success haggling with Dell and if possible what have you off?

cheers

9. Infernal_Machine

Infernal_Machine Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Seriously? Have you felt a notebook HDD lately?

You would not be able to tell as there is no significant difference (I swapped mine and couldn't tell).

10. Wolfvixen

Wolfvixen Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Okay, final skins are ready at invisibledefenders.com. Yes there are more designs than this, but this is just the one I picked. It comes with a matching background. Any questions just send a pm!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.