***OFFICIAL***: iPad/iPad2 Accessories, Cases, Apps and "Magic" Thread.

Discussion in 'Apple and Mac OS X' started by ajreynol, Jun 10, 2010.

1. greenyoga

greenyoga Newbie

Reputations:
    I saw iPad 2 case for a car mount once on slickfans, just search with iPad 2 case for car mount on their site to get what you want

2. thamilton

thamilton Newbie

Reputations:
    One of the most used features is of the iPad is the built in speech recognition but the onboard mic is not that good. Many of us already have great microphones but there is no way to pug them in because they have 1 or 2 3.5mm jacks that don't fit into the mic in port of the iPad. I found this adapter iPad external microphone adapter As you can see from the picture it has female connections for both mic and speakers and the proper male connection for the ipad. With this connector there's no need to buy a special microphone and most any you already have will do.

3. j0hnwall

j0hnwall Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Is the iPad 2 still usable/relevant or should I just go with the air?

4. davidhan

davidhan Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello, thought i'd contribute with my experience of highly rugged ipad cases

ipad 1 : the otterbox defender series is the best. that thing just won't die.
    my dad uses my good old ipad1 now and he's not careful.

ipad2 : the otterbox defender is utter crap. cheap plastic. dont buy.
    get the griffin survivor instead. it has no hard cover for the screen but it's awesome. it matches military specs MIL-STD810 so you can't go wrong.
    us navy F18 pilots use them

5. aaronhenry

aaronhenry Newbie

Reputations:
    What I recommend and using Accessories are Logitech Keyboard with Folio Case for iPad Air. According to me it converts iPad to MacBook. Its so user convenience, and portability also.