[Official] Huawei Matebook X Pro Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by Megacharge, May 30, 2018.

1. IceDragon7

IceDragon7 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Just wanted to make sure, but you did plug it into the USB-C port closer to you (since only one port is thunderbolt 3)? I don't believe the non-thunderbolt 3 usb-c port supports two monitors but I may be wrong.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018 at 6:07 PM
  2. IceDragon7

IceDragon7 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Based on my very limited testing, you can actually get a steady 26-30 fps in Dota 2 on max settings with native resolution (3000 x 2000). If you want a steady 60 fps you are looking at medium settings at native resolution.

3. Nightmara

Nightmara Newbie

Reputations:
    Can you check 1080p low-med fps? It's not warping even in big fights?
    Really wondering if I should go for 9570 but matebook's just so much better with 3:2 and portability so would like it. Dota is big criteria tho

4. jliv

jliv Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello,

I am new to this forum, so please forgive me if I am misposting or committing some other error.

I am considering the i7/512K SSD unit. I put my hands on one today at the MS Store, and it looks, feels, and performs beautifully.

I have a massive 4K 60HZ display, and I want to be sure that I will be able to get the full 4K resolution from the MateBook. Has anyone hooked up to a similar display? If so, what were the results.

Thanks All,
    John

5. ELang

ELang Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks - yes I did.

With more futzing around, I got two working by connecting one to the StarTech adapter connected to the Thunderbolt port using DisplayPort, and a second connected to the included MateDock adapter in the USB-C port using HDMI. However, this is far from ideal.

I tried contacting Huawei, but I'm pretty sure I was connected to a Bot, which offered no helpful info.

6. dyskograf

dyskograf Newbie

Reputations:
    As long as Your external display supports 4K@60Hz via HDMI (it should have HDMI 2.0 or higher input, not all of them have; if it is a monitor, possibility is it can achieve 4k@60Hz only using DisplayPort 1.2) you can connect MateBook with HDMI 2.0 cable using the included dongle.

7. jliv

jliv Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for the help. May I ask if you have connected your Matebook to a similar display, and if so, did it perform as expected? I’m looking for feedback from folks who have actually tried it, so I can be confident in my purchasing decision.

8. jliv

jliv Newbie

Reputations:
    MateBookers: As a prospective customer, I would love to hear any feedback on Huawei Customer Service. I plan to purchase through the Microsoft Store. The “bot” comment above as me concerned a little.

So, two questions really: (1) How have your experiences been with Huawei Customer Service, and (2) If you purchased via MS Store, how has their support and service been?

Thanks,
    John

9. aamadi

aamadi Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I did the same and now have no issues with my new unit.

What's the trackpad rattle fix?

10. jliv

jliv Newbie

Reputations:
    Ok, so I embarrassed to say that I believe I have found the answer to my question above. It was right on the Huawei site. Here is the link: https://consumer.huawei.com/us/tablets/matebook-x-pro/

Here is the relavent content:

“HUAWEI MateBook X Pro has a 3.5 mm stereo headset jack, a USB-A port, two USB-C ports including one supports Thunderbolt™ 3 which allows you to connect with 4K display and external graphics card.”

The English is a bit flawed, in that it convey’s that you can “connect with 4K display and external graphics card.” I’m not sure what it means to “connect to an external graphics card,” as that would be really strange, no?

Thanks all!