[Official] Huawei Matebook X Pro Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by Megacharge, May 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Megacharge

Megacharge Custom User Title

Reputations:
    You'd need to test it out more. But if it happens again, it's probably a defective unit and it would be best to return it to where you got it from and get a new one sent out to you.

2. SirRobin

SirRobin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thank you for your informations about that device currently, i´m think of going to this device from my Sony SVS13 - need more power and it´s great to have an option for gaming a little bit during coffee break :)

So what can i expect for gaming on that device with lower version of 150 mx chipset? Set lower resolution seems necessary but what can i run? Read about overwatch, what do you guys think about WoW or SWTOR?

Thank you and have fun with your devices :)

3. crowy1250

crowy1250 Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm also having this same issue... Every now and then I randomly get a black screen with a BOOT FAIL [OK] box despite the computer already up and running and seemingly working fine. It's happened multiple times now and it's driving me crazy. No idea how to fix it through software - is it a hardware issue? Any advice? I bought this online at the MS store - can I just walk in and return it?

4. crowy1250

crowy1250 Newbie

Reputations:
    Yes, I had this happen and hoped it would be a one off glitch, but it's now happened 4 times in the space of a couple of days using the device. I can't seem to find any OS/software fixes for it, so it may be a defective unit? I'm planning on returning mine to the Microsoft store which really pains me as it's a beautiful device that I've really enjoyed using.

5. cleofj01

cleofj01 Newbie

Reputations:
    Newbie to this site. I am planning on getting the i5 matebook x pro and 1070 auros gaming box and saw this thread while I'm researching if they are compatible. I'm glad that someone has done and actually using both device already but I just have some few questions:

1. Can you provide the step or website on how to update the TB3 driver?
    2. How to update the auros box firmware update? any link you can share or steps?
    3. Did you have to update your bios or you only had to update the TB3 driver and the auros box firmware and nothing else for it to run smooth?
    4. After you updated questions 1 and 2, is it just a plug and play anytime?

Hope to hear from you. Sorry that I have alot of questions but hoping that you would give time to respond. Thank you!

6. crowy1250

crowy1250 Newbie

Reputations:
    I decided to return the one that kept giving me BOOT FAIL <OK> messages every now and again, as it just can't be trusted and there was nothing on the software/OS side I could do to fix it.

I'm now using the second machine I purchased, and so far so good, although I did have to do the trackpad rattle fix, which was easy but annoying to do on a brand new $1.7k machine. Will keep you posted on whether the boot fail problem happens on this machine, but quality control seems to be pretty poor based on my experience with these two :(

7. Megacharge

Megacharge Custom User Title

Reputations:
    It could be a number of things, like a bad Windows install (can sometimes happen at the factory) or could be a faulty SSD or bad driver install/corrupt driver. If you want to save yourself the hassle of troubleshooting, just send it back to Microsoft and get a new one.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  8. crowy1250

crowy1250 Newbie

Reputations:
    I returned it to the Microsoft Store yesterday, although they didn't have any stock to do an exchange, so I had to take a refund.

So far so good on the second machine I purchased at the same time. Not a single BOOT FAIL problem in a couple of days of using it, so at least I got one that seems solid. Gonna have to go back on the waiting list for the second one again.

Megacharge likes this.
  9. Nightmara

Nightmara Newbie

Reputations:
    Can anyone confirm is dota 2 is playable? preferably 1080p all graphs can be low
    i7 model with mx150 naturally

10. ELang

ELang Newbie

Reputations:
    Has anyone found a way to connect two external monitors?

The included MateDock adapter has VGA and HDMI, but if you plug in a VGA cable it blocks part for the HDMI port. So clearly not meant to be used at the same time. I also bought a StarTech Thunderbolt dock with dual DispalyPort, but when connected, only one display is detected. Both ports on the adapter work, but only one at a time. I'm wondering if it is a limitation of the machine.