[Official] Huawei Matebook X Pro Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by Megacharge, May 30, 2018.

1. MartinGale

MartinGale Newbie

Reputations:
  2. nedomacho

nedomacho Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    A bit of a favor to ask everyone: while your matebook x pro is sitting on a hard horizontal surface (preferably the kitchen counter) with the lid open all the way, could you please check if the front legs are firmly touching the surface by gently tapping each side?

Mine gets wobbly on the right side and I can't figure out if this is because the center of the mass shifts and one of the legs slightly lifts up when the lid is open all the way, or if the hinge actually deforms the bottom lid... I've never seen a laptop do this, to be honest. It's brand new and I can still return it, just want to see if this is something others are experiencing. Seeing as this is my second attempt at this laptop, just trying to see if I should move on with another brand. Thank you!

3. jliv

jliv Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I don’t have that problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Spartan

Spartan Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Huawei's quality control is non-existent. Just look at the Android Central Forums under any Huawei sub-forum and you will see the horrific issues they have with their phones.

Never touching anything from that company with a 6 foot pole. This is coming from a previous Nexus 6P which was made by Huawei, horrible phone and horrible customer service.

werewolf likes this.
  5. nedomacho

nedomacho Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thanks, glad you don't have this issue!
    I asked on Amazon and others have this problem precisely as I described -- it does appear that the hinge deforms the bottom lid. Given my communication with Huawei's glorious tech support, I think I will likely stay away.

Just ordered Lenovo's Yoga 920 with pretty much the same specs (no second graphics card, which I do not need anyway) for $60 more, let's see what happens.

werewolf likes this.
  6. SirRobin

SirRobin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    First, let me say many thanks for all in this thread for a lot of informations, hints and optimization steps :)

Thinking about buying a Matebook X Pro next month before christmas, i´m a bit unsure about the i5 or i7 machine, in germany the mx150 is included in all variants. The main thing is doing work, get informations in www, email, youtube, spotify. But doing video stuff and gaming are also things i would try in future - and are currenty impossible von my 5 year old vaio svs13 device :) So what should i get? mainly, i5/8gb/256gb ssd should be fine but for video stuff and gaming, the i7 version could be better, right?

7. Hidet0

Hidet0 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys, i have brand new Matebook X pro (one week). Yesterday I've checked my battery wear level with HWiNFO and it suddendly shows 19.6 % wear level which is alarming for since its brand new laptop. Battery Cycle is 4. I'm always trying never to discharge MBX below 40%. Do you think i have faulty battery ?

8. eth3rton

eth3rton Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have their Matebook 2 and it was a solid Surface type laptop. Surprised they are having quality issues in their new lineups.

9. rickybambi

rickybambi Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Is the i5/8gb/256gb/iGPU version identical to the i7/16gb/512gb/dGPU version with exception to those stats? I'm mostly interested in whether it still has the same screen and cooling.

I'm thinking about replacing an X1 Carbon 6th gen with it.

10. abaddon4180

abaddon4180 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    So does anyone have any experience with the Matebook D? I am looking for a smaller laptop for my sister's graduation and it looks fantastic in terms of what you get for the $550 price right now; aluminum chassis, supposedly great battery life, and a 14" screen in a 13" frame just to name a few. I just got a Ryzen notebook myself and I love the overall performance but I have heard many implementations have severely throttled the APUs. She doesn't need anything crazy powerful but she said she would like to have the option to at least try to play a game here and there, mostly Overwatch.

I was also curious as to how the overall build quality compares to the Matebook X, which I have heard is fantastic.