[Official] Huawei Matebook X Pro Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by Megacharge, May 30, 2018.

1. taggy

taggy Newbie

Reputations:
    This subreddit is quite active.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MatebookXPro/

2. werewolf

werewolf Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  3. jlp0209

jlp0209 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I just picked up this machine from my local MS store. Got the i5/8gb/256 version. I decided to replace the SSD with a Samsung 970 Evo. SSD slides out easily. In my case it would not slide back in no matter what I did. I had to remove the heatsink and also had to re-paste. It seemed daunting since I've never re-pasted a laptop before but actually is pretty simple. The hardest part is keeping track of where all the screws go. I used MX-4. During Windows updates at initial setup my max CPU temp was only 74 degrees compared to 90s with multiple X1 Carbon 6th Gens I've tried. Tried Cinebench for just a run and my max temp was 70 degrees after 1 run but clearly there is power throttling going on.

My big issue with this laptop is the speakers. At volume louder than 40% they rattle / vibrate badly. It is resolved if I put both my hands on the palm rests and firmly press down. I'm reading the subreddit thread now, looks like this is a common issue. Another issue is occasionally the laptop doesn't rest evenly when the lid is open. Had this happen with some MacBooks as well, I'll try loosening or tightening screws on the base cover and see if that helps.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  4. werewolf

werewolf Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    "...they rattle, vibrate badly"

I don't know about their quality control and i don't know about their tech and warranty support, so i cancelled my order.

Spartan likes this.
  5. marvin1

marvin1 Newbie

Reputations:
    Does anyone know how choosing the version without the nvidia graphics card would affect the temperatures and battery life? I believe the integrated is enough.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  6. Worzyl

Worzyl Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm still using my Samsung Chronos 7, but I've been looking into this laptop.
    Any reviews on the audio on this laptop? I read that it is supposed to be quite good.

7. bearflag

bearflag Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I have an i5 Matebook X pro and am generally very happy with it.

However I saw this news today: https://www.businessinsider.com/sup...-2018-10?utm_source=markets&utm_medium=ingest

"Chinese spies were able to add small, undocumented chips to motherboards in data servers bought by big US tech companies, according to a blockbuster investigation by Bloomberg"

I know those were data servers and not laptops but that got me thinking, is there any way of knowing if there is any kind of spyware on these laptops (either hardware or software)?

8. dblwz

dblwz Newbie

Reputations:
    I am sure that this question is increadibly dumb and i feel like i am waisting your time but i must ask because i'm not finding anything about it, how can i do the accents with my matebook x pro ?? For exemple = "é" (here i copied and pasted it from another website)

9. jliv

jliv Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Not so dumb. Much easier on the Mac where you can hold the Option key and press a letter to get the most common alternative characters. Your question is more about the OS then the specific laptop. I Windows 10 (and most Windows versions) you'll need to access the Symbols table from which ever application you are working/typing in. It looks like this:

upload_2018-10-6_12-8-31.png

Alternatively, you can pull up similar app directly in Windows called the "Character Map." Just type "symbols" or "character map" into the Cortana search box.

From either of these apps/tools you can select any of the available characters for a given font. You can also take note of the "Character Code" which is a 4 digit hexadecimal number that can be used to enter any given symbol directly by simply holding the <left> ALT key and entering the code, e.g. <left> ALT 00A0, as illustrated in the graphic above.

I hope that helps. :)

10. jliv

jliv Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Sorry for the delay. Yes, it helped. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk