[Official] Huawei Matebook X Pro Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by Megacharge, May 30, 2018.

1. werewolf

werewolf Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

Maybe not. I'm having problems with the Dell and I'm going to return it to Costco and get this Huawei after all. Interesting that I haven't seen any complaints about this machine here; but there are a lot on the Dell xps 13 board, including my own.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    jliv likes this.
  2. jliv

jliv Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Apologies. I still haven’t gotten around to this. Perhaps this weekend...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. jliv

jliv Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I remember reading about how this laptop comes with W10 Signature Edition, and how this version has no bloatware. Well I’m here to testify to this fact. W10SE is as clean as I’ve ever seen. So the other day I notice this icon in my system tray, and I think, “hey, that’s a symbol I don’t recognize.” So I open it, of course. “Oh lord, it looks like W10SE has some water retention issues after all. But no! It’s just an update utility that checks hardware, downloads driver updates, and generally speaking, keeps your laptop up-to-date.

Well done Huawei!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. jbnb

jbnb Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I believe the explanation and solution to your issue was posted earlier on this thread.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...pro-owners-lounge.817621/page-3#post-10748057

I'll post it this time, but it is basic decency to do due diligence by checking the thread before asking. Helps avoid unnecessary duplicate posts.

5. jbnb

jbnb Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I had the xps 13 2-in-1 before jumping ship to the mbxp as well and I couldn't shake off the feeling that the build quality of the xps 13 was a bit shoddier than I expected: left side usb-c pd suddenly failed one day, only to work again after a bios update, some light bleeding on the bottom, and a tiny inner tear on the lcd after a few months. I miss the 360 degree hinge, but the build quality on my mbxp seems better, at least initially.

6. Chatbox

Chatbox Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yeah, I, too, am very impressed with how clean the Signature Edition is (good job to both Microsoft and Huawei for having this standard and complying to it).

That's the "PC Manager" you're speaking of if I'm not mistaken. There's a feature called "Battery Protection" within PC Manager that allows you to set the charging threshold behaviour of the laptop. It, IMO, is really a must for systems with embedded batteries these days (to prolong the overall battery life - Background: Charging the battery to 100% actually damages the battery more than charging it to, say 75%. #Batteryware).

This feature was first originally seen on ThinkPads (configurable to any %), then on some IdeaPads (with no configurable charge % threshold). Now Huawei has this capability as well, in three different threshold modes (still no as flexible as that of the Thinkpads, but better than IdeaPads' implementation).

7. jliv

jliv Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Very nice! I did not see that feature. Just activated it via the menu (3 horizontal bars). Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. werewolf

Reputations:
    I don't see anyone griping here. Can't say the same about the Dell XPS 13 - which I just returned - forum. I'm told the 512 model will be available September 4th. No military discount now because it's on sale, $1350 I think.

9. NecessaryEvil

NecessaryEvil Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I've joined your ranks! While the plans to get a mobile workstation were "Plans C-F", the fact that I missed the capability offered by a quad core outweighed the constriction I feel with just 16GB in my work laptop.

So, I picked up the i7 on Amazon w/ the 3 year accidental warranty. We've had to use that at work on all the Surface Pros we've bought, and I'd rather get a check back because of a failure than be stuck with a $1500 brick if something goes wrong. (I'd have preferred Dell or Lenovo's onsite warranty, but nothing quite fit this generation).

I'll sell off the RAM and SSDs I had set aside for the P52/P72 or 7530/7730 to help offset costs...but is there any particular charger that's suggested? I'm probably just going to look at getting a USB-C dock from work if I can, but research is always a good thing.

10. werewolf

Reputations:
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2018